Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best Hamstring Workouts?

all of the above...and add some yoga

I dont feel squats in my hams...at all...I know there is some fundamental problem with my form
I DO feel DL in my hams when I have great form
seated ham curls are mechanically the same as lying ham curls..standing is a bit different from the two
go lighter weight and higher reps to keep from injuring yourself

I have all of my clients do Glute Ham Raises 4x a week...just as I do. Best thing that you can do.

Ms Shirline... a lot of people don't feel squats in their hams because of their stance, footwear, and technique. A lot of people CAN'T squat properly because they don't have strong enough hamstrings to be able to sit back into the squat enough...and once they do...POP goes the hamstring.

The deeper you squat the less important ham work becomes. Oly lifters do very little ham work, but every squat, every clean, every snatch is ass to ankles. If you're not breaking pa-rallel your quad:hamstring set ratio should be 2:1....at worst 3:1.

I do 8-12 sets of squats/leg presses; hitting at least parallel and usually as deep as my big butt will go..and I still make hams a completely separate workout. 6-8 sets of curls plus 3-4 sets of romanians and/or good morns, so my ratio is almost 1:1 when I'm going full gas. If I had a glute/ham that's all I do.

The deeper you squat the less important ham work becomes. Oly lifters do very little ham work, but every squat, every clean, every snatch is ass to ankles. If you're not breaking pa-rallel your quad:hamstring set ratio should be 2:1....at worst 3:1.

I do 8-12 sets of squats/leg presses; hitting at least parallel and usually as deep as my big butt will go..and I still make hams a completely separate workout. 6-8 sets of curls plus 3-4 sets of romanians and/or good morns, so my ratio is almost 1:1 when I'm going full gas. If I had a glute/ham that's all I do.

2 Sets of quads for every set of hams? The quads are such a small muscle group and the hams/glutes are such a large muscle group...and they fire much harder, stronger, and provide the most strength...I'd say that I can't agree with you.

My coach is a competitive OLY lifter. His coach is an Olympic Medalist. I've talked with and worked with more than one Euro and World Podium finisher and all of them focus on the back side of the body, A LOT! I've never heard one of them mention that their quads is a weakness...or even very important. They always need to bring up their hams, glutes, low back, upper back, flexibility, etc...

Most of them do 7-12 Squat Sessions per week. They also pull in one way or another 7-14+ times per week...all of which work the hamstrings like mad. None of them use a leg press or a leg extension machine or isolate anything in the gym :)

Top Bottom