Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best gunfight scenes

hanselthecaretaker

High End Bro
Platinum
This one's not really a gun"fight" so much as a complete pwning.

The setup-

The event-

This is definitely one of the better Blu-rays for 3D presentation with the falls out of the building and slow motion water. Also the sound. God the sound is amazing in 7.1 DTS-HD MA.

I'm a bit of an audiophile. Here's a nice little summary for the home theater buffs-

Dredd features a lossless DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 mix (optimized for the Neo:X 11.1 system) that is, in a word, astounding. The onslaught of LFE in this film is amazing and is perhaps surprisingly not limited to the ubiquitous gunfire. In fact my personal favorite sound effect throughout the entire film was the throbbing hum of an elevator that Anderson finds herself taken hostage in. But the entire film is awash in incredible surround activity from virtually the first moment, when we get Dredd's iconic motorcycle panning madly through the soundfield. Dynamic range is among the widest I've personally experienced, with everything from Dredd's hushed dialogue to absolutely over the top explosions handled with ease. One of the notable things about this film is how carefully the effects tracks have been assembled, with directionality really smartly done. So many action films just kind of throw the sonic bombast at the virtual wall, knowing that everything will stick. Dredd, however, very carefully places discrete effects at several key moments (one especially huge explosion which clearly erupts from the right side of the frame also does so aurally from the right channels). Fidelity is top notch and this certainly will be one of the reference quality audio tracks high definition aficionados will be talking about throughout 2013.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Dredd-3D-Blu-ray/56292/

Top Bottom