Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best Chest Exercises?

So I guess what we're all getting to here is that none of these will hinder your progress,but your presses no matter what are a mainstay in building,also will it hurt to have more than 4 exercises in one workout for chest?Or is it just up to how you are feeling.I work a bodypart a day so sometimes I feel like 6 or 7 exercises.

gjohnson5 said:
Absolutely. I fell this way as well. If you want a big chest , you need to do flyes db , cable or machine
i totally disagree..if you want a big chest you need to press..personally i feel inclines stress the chest a little better for me...also dbell presses..also nothing wrong with flyes but you cannot overload the muscles like you can with presses..

What is the argument against doing flyes AFTER pressing movements?

Best of both worlds IMO...one gets to do a compound movement such as an incline press and then further fatigue the pecs with whatever type of fly one wants to do...

I will say that incline flyes and cable crossovers from the low pulley at the end of workouts have worked for me..but not to the extent that pressing movements have

Also I find that not locking out on pressing movements for chest and trying to establish a solid mind-muscle connection is beneficial

InTraining said:
What is the argument against doing flyes AFTER pressing movements?

Best of both worlds IMO...one gets to do a compound movement such as an incline press and then further fatigue the pecs with whatever type of fly one wants to do...

I will say that incline flyes and cable crossovers from the low pulley at the end of workouts have worked for me..but not to the extent that pressing movements have

Also I find that not locking out on pressing movements for chest and trying to establish a solid mind-muscle connection is beneficial
i diasgree with the statement that to have a big chest you need to do flyes..i have nothing against flyes and i incorporate them into my routine at certain times

wnt2bBeast said:
i diasgree with the statement that to have a big chest you need to do flyes..i have nothing against flyes and i incorporate them into my routine at certain times

Ok..yeh I certainly don't center a routine around them but I will throw them in at the end...

To me it is kind of like a military press and a lateral raise....they are both useful but I always do presses or big compound movements before isolation work

i dont five a fuck about weight anymore, especially when it comes to chest exercises, i rotate flat and incline dbs, no lock out, and sloooowww up and down motion, my chest is thanking me so far

Top Bottom