Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best Chest Exercises?

powerlord

Ok, some people don't like flyes,or cables or machine chest exercises,so that leaves dumbells and barbell at incline or flat,can you build a competitive chest with those movements alone?I include cables and flyes in mine,but I'm a big believer in dumbbells,me and my partner start out with the Benchpress first thing,then the incline,then flat flyes,and cables last,are there other better building exercises for chest?I know after the bench ,incline and flat,I'm spent,as far as pushin heavy weights.Just need a little input on growth from exercises you guys have done.

For me, its mainly flats and inclines with the barbell. I dont do flies to often. I was for a while, but they dont seem to do much of anything for me. Its always hard to tell though since I do so much volume. Incline and flat have always been the bulk of my routine though, and for 2 years or longer I didnt do anything else but those two movements for chest. My benches definately increased. Its hard to tell if my chest size increased, but the measurements have been plateaud on chest/back for a few years now. I havent measured in some months though, so maybe its gotten a little more size. My goals are aimed towards strength and size.

Incline DBs
Incline BB
Flat DBs
Flat BB

InTraining said:
From experience and in order of what has helped the most

1.Incline BB
2.Dips
3.Incline DB
4.Flat DB

helped the most in size??? strength? or overall?

i do see people in the gym who dont have big chests but can flat bench a hell of a lot of weight. and i see guys with full developed chests who arent strong at all on flat bench.

maybe i should concentrate on size rather then strength :/-

TheOak84 said:
helped the most in size??? strength? or overall?

i do see people in the gym who dont have big chests but can flat bench a hell of a lot of weight. and i see guys with full developed chests who arent strong at all on flat bench.

maybe i should concentrate on size rather then strength :/-

Those exercises helped the most in size....but then again that is what I am going for

I would say I added an inch or 2 of pec thickness when I started prioritizing inclines...to me there is really no comparison between flats and inclines for chest building purposes...

big4life said:
I like incline, flat, and decline presses. I now do cable crossovers instead of flyes due to my shoulder problems.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I've found that any barbell exercice were putting more stress on my shoulders than anything else (any other chest exercices)

Anthrax said:
:confused: :confused: :confused:

I've found that any barbell exercice were putting more stress on my shoulders than anything else (any other chest exercices)

I use a combination of db's and bb's. For incline and decline I use bb's making sure that my elbows are tucked in, pl'ing style. On flat I use db's doing the same thing, turning the db's so they are facing each other at the top, and bringing them together.

im a big proponent of following up my pressing movements with fly movement. i know a lot of people will disagree. but i think you should keep doing them.

Top Bottom