Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best ab exercise

Eric1987

So me and my friend have YET to find a good working ab exercise we can do at the gym. All of them dont seem to give us that burn that we want. Any personal recommendations?

what have you been doing?
i just crunch, bicycle, 90 degree
and if you have this piece of equipment there, i dont know what its called, is similar to a tricep dip station (in fact some are the two combined) but your forearm is at 90 degrees to your upper arm, and raise you legs out straight in front of you, as high as they will go. you can weight the end of your legs aswell.

enigma4dub said:
weighted decline situps with a hold seem to be a good one.

Agreed! Try holding a light barbell - literally 20lbs - behind the shoulders like where you'd squat. The higher centre of gravity and inability to swing or cheat will fry your abs in a few reps. Go until your unable to squeeze another rep up, drop the bar and grind out some more!

Hanging leg raises are excellent to - try to bring straight legs up to your face and use your core to keep your body still. Near 180 deg hip flexion works your whole core and is a great stretching exercise for your lower back - hell I'm gonna go do some now!

musketeer said:
Agreed! Try holding a light barbell - literally 20lbs - behind the shoulders like where you'd squat. The higher centre of gravity and inability to swing or cheat will fry your abs in a few reps. Go until your unable to squeeze another rep up, drop the bar and grind out some more!

Hanging leg raises are excellent to - try to bring straight legs up to your face and use your core to keep your body still. Near 180 deg hip flexion works your whole core and is a great stretching exercise for your lower back - hell I'm gonna go do some now!

It is amazing how weight placement can change an exercise. I can bang out decline sit ups with a 50 pound dumbbell on my chest. Two ten pound plates behind my head frizzle my ads. Same thing with 45 degree back raises. I bar on the traps is far harder than a plate at your chest.

Top Bottom