Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bench: Correct trajectory?

goahead

About the flat benchpress: I see people:

- lower the bar to just below their nipples and push up the bar in an arc motion

others:

- lower the bar above their nipples and push/lower in a more straight motion.

My questions:

- which style is preferable for building overall chest mass?

- is it possible to emphasize some part of the chest using one style? I can imagine that ie the pectoralis minor endures more work if one uses the arcing motion? However I can use less weight caus my front delts are much more involved. What are your thought on this topic?

I prefer dumbell presses anyway, but i still think the barbell has use in building overall strength...

yu have to try both and see what works for you.the reason we lower the bar so low is it helps us keep our arms tucked instead of your arms flaring out and making the lift harder.if you're looking to work on puttin some mass on your chest look at your grip(go wider),your reps 6-8,heavy ass dumbells are awesome and i love doing them.you gotta find what works for you.try hittin the bar in different spots on your chest and see what you like.hope i've helped alittle,bro.;)
eyefilm2.gif
How ya' like me now

Top Bottom