Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Beginners Workout

RedRiver

Can anyone suggest a workout for me? I'm 25, used to be athletic, but 5 years and 20 lbs later, I want to get in shape again. No desire to be huge, just tone with less body fat. I'm 5'8" 180 lbs. I've read so many different weight lifting programs, I don't know which one would be right for me. Any help?

I would concentrate on the cardio first to lose the weight. When you get down to a weight you like then start the weight lifting. Yes, some people mix the two. I think it is more time efficient to do the cardio first for fat loss.

red river i am at the same age as you and in a similar situation i agree with both the responses. i am going to lift weights 3 days and do cardio seven days a week. My belief is that if you want to get into condition then cardio is going to be more beneficial. Just my thoughts!!

I don't agree with just doing cardio at first -- I would advise doing both. Both cardio and weight training burn calories leading to greater energy expendature. At the same time, any additional muscle that is added to the body will aid in burning more calories at any given point in the day.

I wouldn't advise just cardio either. Bigger muscles = more calories burned.

Top Bottom