Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Beginner workouts you can do 2 days in a row??

ronki23

Need to start doing higher reps as my CNS is worn out and I'm not progressing on low reps :/

The thing is my schedule means I can't do full body workouts or all pro or Arnold's Golden 6 as I work out 2 days in a row sometimes

I'm thinking Arnold's Beginner Workout 3x a week instead of 6 but it's a lot of volume

I'm still weak but not progressing in high reps anymore. Here's my progress since September; at University I only did body weight exercises, dancing and wrestling but my diet sucked and had crappy sleep routine as I was busy with assignments:

Have been working out with low reps and eating a lot but ony 1-2 shakes a day and for 2 months (Nov-Jan and Mar-May I've been having 600-1000ml skimmed milk postworkout)

I've been working out since November on a 3-5x 5 rep workout program. This means if I trained 3 days a week I did Starting Strength but if I missed a day I did 5 sets the next workout instead of 3. If I ended up doing 2 days in a row I did all upper body and pushing exercises one day and all lower body and pulling exercises the next day.

My strength is now at:

225 lbs Squat unbelted for 1 rep or 200lbs unbelted for 5

225lb Deadlift unbelted for 2 reps or 205 unbelted for 4

Bench at 135lb for 5 reps

Press at 90lbs for 3 reps, 85lbs for 5

Cleans same as press

But my bicep curls are crap at 45lbs for 6-8 and I can't do chins or dips

Weight has increased from the late 160s/early 170s to the 190s but it's body fat too

First thought is you are over training. I good sign is your grip strength, can you hang on a bar for a while??? Does your grip give out??? When I'm well rested I'll take a barbell with 225 lbs on it and just lift and hold to give me a baseline of my grip strength. If I think I'm working out to hard I check again how long I can hold that weight. Let's say when rested I hold it for a minute in a half, I do it again and can only hold it for a minute. In that case I need some rest or a week off.

As far as a work out you only need to hit every body part once a week, split over 3 days a week will work.

First thought is you are over training. I good sign is your grip strength, can you hang on a bar for a while??? Does your grip give out??? When I'm well rested I'll take a barbell with 225 lbs on it and just lift and hold to give me a baseline of my grip strength. If I think I'm working out to hard I check again how long I can hold that weight. Let's say when rested I hold it for a minute in a half, I do it again and can only hold it for a minute. In that case I need some rest or a week off.

As far as a work out you only need to hit every body part once a week, split over 3 days a week will work.

What are the best splits over 3 days?

The thing is I'm not responding on 5 reps anymore so perhaps it's time to do higher reps? That's why I'm doing Schwarzenegger beginner program but it exhausts me so I'll do just 1month

It seems doing sets of 10 for upper body and power movements and sets of 12 for lower body is not a simple crossover

My 1RM, 5RM and 11RM

Bench: 140lb,130lb,110lb
Row: 100lb,90lb,75lb
Squat:225lb,205lb, 160lb,
Deadlift:225lb,210lb,160lb

I find the Arnold Beginner workout from 1999 encyclopedia exhausting but it pumps you up a lot

Top Bottom