Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Be careful using credit cards over internet folks!

hvylftr

I just wanted to warn anyone who has used their credit card over the internet, particularly at a promoted site around here. (I won't say no names yet) My first and only purchase with this credit card was at _________. Next thing you know, someone in New York has my credit card number, has changed my address information for the card, and is racking up all kinds of purchases. I don't know if __________ is not using adequate encryption for their transactions and database information or if it is an inside job. Their are three investigators that are going to crack this one. It has scarred my credit and I am pissed!

Re: Do not use credit card at GetPinz.com

Sorry to hear that bro.... How long ago was the purchase??

I wouldn't place blame on anyone but yourself or the con that took you.

97% of credit card fraud is b/c of the carelessness of ignorance of the individual - meaning you don't have the proper security on your computer or don't know where you are headed. As an example, no-firewall can mean open ports for trojans. Example 2, fake sign in pages for banks etc... you need to be aware of your sorroundings.

Lastly, there are ways of getting your credit card without you buying anything online, usually thru other means, and it does get done - stolen information sells well.

So I wouldn't blame anyone but the con or you for the actions bro.

Mr.X

hvylftr said:
I just wanted to warn anyone who has used their credit card over the internet, particularly at a promoted site around here. (I won't say no names yet) My first and only purchase with this credit card was at _________. Next thing you know, someone in New York has my credit card number, has changed my address information for the card, and is racking up all kinds of purchases. I don't know if __________ is not using adequate encryption for their transactions and database information or if it is an inside job. Their are three investigators that are going to crack this one. It has scarred my credit and I am pissed!

Wise advice.

I have one credit card for online purchases only.
I sat down with the Bank to work on the limits and controls.

Mr.X said:
I wouldn't place blame on anyone but yourself or the con that took you.

97% of credit card fraud is b/c of the carelessness of ignorance of the individual - meaning you don't have the proper security on your computer or don't know where you are headed. As an example, no-firewall can mean open ports for trojans. Example 2, fake sign in pages for banks etc... you need to be aware of your sorroundings.

Lastly, there are ways of getting your credit card without you buying anything online, usually thru other means, and it does get done - stolen information sells well.

So I wouldn't blame anyone but the con or you for the actions bro.

Mr.X

Listen, I am a computer programmer for 20 years. I have extensive experience in Internet Related Technologies and Security. I lost my wallet 15 years ago, and had someone impersonating me, opening credit accounts all along the east coast. Since then, I have been extremely careful with my information. I guess you could say I am downright anal about my information and assets. So as far as it being my fault, I highly doubt it. I can go into about how anal I am regarding my home computer (Firewall, Virus Protection, don't download anything, etc, etc). I know the leak was on their end!

Top Bottom