Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bar vs Dumbbell row

faller

I've been doing barbell rows for awhile, and I can say they are my least fave exercise I do. Does anyone have an opinion of barbell or dumbbell rows? I'm considering using dumbbell rows (one side at a time with a bench).

By least favorite you mean you get nothing out of them or you hate to do them? For me the exercises I hate the most I get the most gains from...

DB rows are a good choice especially if you want to give the lower back a break...

I mean I don't like doing them. Part of the reason I have kept them is, indeed, to strengthen my lower back somewhat at the same time.

i usually do both barbell and dbell rows..i have to do dbell rows very last because the highest my gym goes is 130 on the bells

For awhile i switched between bb and db rows, and never really got the hang of either. It was hard for me to really feel it the way I thought I was supposed to.

Now I use exclusively cable rows because the feeling is excellent. We'll see if the gains are equally good.

casualbb said:
For awhile i switched between bb and db rows, and never really got the hang of either. It was hard for me to really feel it the way I thought I was supposed to.

Now I use exclusively cable rows because the feeling is excellent. We'll see if the gains are equally good.
with the dbells you want to pull front in front of you and up to your side..think of starting a lawn mower (the old pull cord kind) hence some call these lawn mower rows..lol

i am not putting donw cable rows but it no way are they going to give you equal gains.. heavy BB rows are king

wnt2bBeast said:
with the dbells you want to pull front in front of you and up to your side..think of starting a lawn mower (the old pull cord kind) hence some call these lawn mower rows..lolQUOTE]
Thats an excellent way of describing them.

Top Bottom