Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Bands and musicians performed live

Hengst

New member
The Joey Ramone thread made me think of the concerts and bands I've seen here are some highlights:

1973 - Cheech and Chong in Nyack, NY. First show
1974 - David Bowie at Radio City Music Hall, was only 13 at the time, we had like 10th row seats and were into glitter at the time. (eek!) Mom and Dad drove us into the city and picked us up after the show in front of the music hall.
1975 - Rolling Stones at Madison Square Garden - Tour of the Americas '75
1977 - Queen - Tower Theater in Philadelphia
1977 - Iggy Pop and Blondie - Tower Theater - Actually only went to this show because David Bowie was playing keyboards for Iggy. The warm-up group was called Blondie; whom none of us had ever heard of. BUT, Debra Harry was AWESOME. I remember her wearing skintight toreodor pants and high kicking her leopard skin pumps into the audience.
1978 - The Who - Keith Moon was already dead.....oh well, it's STILL the Who
1978 - The Kinks (famous song layla)
1978 - Kansas - This show was recorded for their live album, you can hear me yelling on side 2.
1979 - Blue Oyster Cult (famous song Don't kill the Reaper ?)
1979 - Chicago - one word - Fantastic, had never seen a full orchestra perform at a rock concert
1979 - The Ramones!!!! - at a road house near Trenton
1980 - 1983 - The Greatful Dead like 6 times

I think my last "concert" was Kenny G (EEK!) at the Merriweather Post Pavillion in about 1990.

There were many more of lesser known bands and smaller clubs, these were just the ones that really stuck out in my mind. In the late '70s, my friends and I would camp out at the arena the night before tickets went on sale. Stay up all; night, smoke dope and drink beer. I cannot believe my parents allowed me to go to these events at such a young age. I was only 13 when we started.
 
Top Bottom