Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

band and chains for a raw bencher

norseman

Tell me if I'm wrong.
I bench raw. It's just my choice and I dont care that other people wear bench shirts. It's up to the person.
No the question is: Would using bands and chains in training help a raw bencher like myself? I dont think they would unless I had trouble with lockout. It seems to me that training with bands and chains are for powerlifters that use a bench shirt. What do you guys think?

Well if you compete raw, i am sure you train all sapects of your bench. Meaning you must dedicate alot of time building the muscles to through the weight off your chest. I bench raw every monday night, and do boards every thurs. No i dont compete raw but i can bench 500 for 4 to 5 reps raw in my training. And i use bands just about every thursday. I have no chains but on the floor press i would definitly saythey would help a raw bencher.

Bands & Chains...

I'll be the first to tell you but you are wrong. Bands and chains work the strength curve throughout the entire eccentric and concentric portions of a lift (of course, dependant on set-up). They work the eccentric portion of a lift to a greater degree and they teach a lifter how to lift explosively and with speed. In addition, bands & chains really work the stabilizer muscles. In order for a lifter to maximize training; bands & chains must be used. With all of this being said, it is important to note that bands & chains must be used intelligently. If used excessively or too often they can certainly lead to overtraining. If and when you give them a try, I'm sure you will experience the same benefits they provide whether a raw lifter or a lifter that uses gear.

- Screwball

Last edited:
I also compete in a shirt. I use chains every speed workout, and I use bands some of the time in speed work, and some of the time in max effort work.

My raw bench has gone up since I started using the bands and chains. I think that they would help you whether you wear a shirt or not, because for me, they help me to increase my bar speed. I have to think speed is at least as important when going raw than it is when wearing a shirt. My raw bench is not very good in comparison to my shirt bench, but both have gone up since I started using chains and bands. Hope this helps,

B

Shoot...

Damn it! Jay beat me to it and Brian almost did too. I think we're all in agreement that chains & bands will aid any lifter in attaining their strength and size goals.

- Screwball

Oh well had to edit my post. But they will help you no matter how you train or with what frequency. But liek they said there HARD on your body. I know i thought i was superman using them every week but lately i noticed i have been skipping on bands more often. So be carefull or you WILL overtrain.

Last edited:
Top Bottom