Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Back is Lacking!

Dont forget the diet side of things, i often find i change the workout when perhaps i should be eating more clean calories. just a thought.

cheers.

MY diet is pretty good, i eat a ton, most ( not all) is clean. Its crazy cause i get such a great pump in the gym, and i know im hitting my back hard its just i dont see the growth i want. I guess I m just gonna change some stuff around try to shock the muscles. Thanks again for all the suggestions. Im defunentlly going to try and sub pull ups for pull downs and im gonna add the dead lifts on back days.

season7445

season7445 said:
Ok guys thanks, i think im gonna start doing pull ups instead of pulldowns, plus maybe move my deadlifts from legday to back day! Thanks!

Great idea!! Weighted pullups has by far made the biggest difference in building up my back. It still amazes me how effective yet underated this exercise is.

Right now my back routine is:
5x5 Weighted Pullups
2x10-12 DB Rows
2x10-12 Closegrip Pulldowns
2x10-12 DB Side Raises
2x10-12 Reverse DB Flys
3x6-10 BB/DB Shrugs
Hypers
I also lift my side and rear delts on back day.

A few things....there are some great routines posted here...I've always been a fan of weighted pullups and rows for back development...my routine shifts around a little i'm trying to get one set in stone right now but here are the exercises I rotate around(I don't do all these in one session :) )

Rack Deadlifts
Weighted Pullups
BB rows
DB rows
Cable Rows
Various Row machines
Bar in corner(improvised T-bar) rows
Nautilus pullover machine(great machine for lats if your gym has one)
Wide Grip Pulldowns(sometimes after pullups)

The key thing with back movements is to pull from the armpits...don't pull from the elbows as this causes the biceps to have too much involvement in the movement..

Also lately I have been trying to be a lot stricter with controlling the negative on back movements...

Top Bottom