Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

aspirin

oso0960

Is it bad to take aspirin before weightlifting?

I'm going to be doing 20 rep squats again soon. The first time i did them (and the reason i stopped after a week) was because i had massive headaches afterwards. Went to the doctor and he said if aspirin can cure it, it's probably not anything serious, maybe becaues the blood is too thick. I took 1 and it completely went away. if aspirin is bad for weightlifting, what is something else that maybe thins the blood?

Are you properly hydrated? Simple I know, but I drink about a litre in the first hour of waking and about the same before I work out. If you're not doing that then it's worth a go.

Might be your blood pressure going sky high. Which if that's happening your BP might not be so good when you're at rest. BP meds may be needed.

Creepusmaximus said:
Might be your blood pressure going sky high. Which if that's happening your BP might not be so good when you're at rest. BP meds may be needed.

Everytime I go to the doctor, they say my blood pressure is well within the normal range. Maybe my blood pressure skyrockets that high while doing them?

I drink a gallon a day.. about half of it before/during/after working out.

Your BP will go up doing squats etc. Not a problem unless your resting BP is way to high. Hmmm.

20 rep squats does a job on me so you just have to deal with it if nothing seems wrong. 20 reps is more aerobic than doing 5 reps or what ever. That might be the problem. Can you run any distance without problems? Go run some stairs and see if the same thing happens.

man that is the worst troubleshooting ever... i wish it was like.. go eat 4 donuts and see how you feel. but its worth the anguish

20 rep squats are great for adding mass. check out tom platz's legs. And that might be my problem, i've never really done too much cardio

Top Bottom