Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Are your supplements fresh?

CheapPinz

I was just reading some of the topics and this thought came to mind. You know, just because your supplements purchased come with a pretty label, how do you know they've been stored right and aren't degraded due to heat, age, etc. 1: expiration date: I personally wouldn't have a problem taking a supplement that was 10 years old, as long as I knew it wasn't in the baking heat, or direct sunlight if that was the case...I've read a study that said an actual prescription item was equally potent to a same item that was 10 years old and expired per the label. I believe "drugs" are a big business in this world, and if the govt mandates its required we throw out all expired items and get new...well that makes someone a lot of money, doesnt it? Just a side thought, but the conclusion for me is: age means nothing. how its stored during its lifetime does.
2. storage history: say the supplement comes off the press in Ohio...pressed in a clean environment with air conditioning...cotton added, shrink band put on, sealed up tight and boxed. Boxes are dispursed to trucks delivering to the 50 states. trucks are hot, cold, and not temperature controlled. Delivery takes about a week to get to the destination. The short amount of time in the heat or cold doesn't do any significant damage....but what if:
....the company stores the supplies in a swealtering hot storage room for prolongued time?
....what if the storage goes from hot to cold repeatedly...imagine storage in a store in Maine..
What types of supplements would be damaged by such fluctuations in storage temperatures...Man, I don't know. I do believe R-ala, phospholipid, flax seed oil are known to need a constant refridgeration. But what else? As far as I know, all the 3 above are sold in some stores right from a plain shelf...no a/c.
Conclusion: You have to be your own advocate. Just because the label is pretty and new, doesn't mean the product has been taken care of or was ever stored properly. If you discover a product should always be cold, don't buy it off a gnc shelf with nothing but room ac.
Supplements are expensive, but the whole point is to get the bang from your buck. I hope this gets you thinking about what you're buying behind the pretty label and off the shelf. I'd rather buy an ugly product sold right, than a pretty one that's innate junk-

Top Bottom