Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Are Squats The Only Excersise Needed For Huge Legs????

punch

I have been trying to come up with an answer for some time now. Ok, so we all know that squats are essential to substantial leg developement, but, are they the end all be all. If you simply grinded out 6-8 sets of squats alone how would your legs grow? For me I believe I have been making my leg workout to complex. 4-5 various movements seem to be too much. What would you all think of this:

Leg extensions: 3 sets( warm up) 12-15 reps

Squats: 5 sets( not including warmup ) progressive increases in weight to your max doing 4 reps on 4th set. For last set do a triple drop starting with your max, then the weight done on 2nd set then as many as you can with your 1st set weight.

Leg extensions: 3 sets( heavy ) with last set doing single leg extensions.

Leg Curls: 4 sets

Could you expect decent gains from a routine such as this, or does a leg press/ hacksquat need to be added?

For Quads:

5 sets squats 15-12 reps
5 sets leg presses 15-12 reps

For Hams:

5 sets leg curl 10-8
5 sets stiff legged deadlifts 10-8 reps

These should build some size and sweep.

When they are big and bad enough and you are in a cutting fase as well etch in more detail:

QUADS:

3 sets squats: 20 reps
3 sets leg presses 20 reps
3 sets hack squat 20 reps
3 sets one leg extension 20 reps

HAMS:

6 sets leg curl 15 reps
6 sets stiff legged deadlifts 15 reps

And as a final killer for both:

6 sets of lunges 20 reps:

all i do for legs are 4 sets of squats, 3 sets of extensions and 4-5 set of lying leg curls then about 6 sets for calves.
Surprisingly my most well developed legpart is the least worked-the hams, the squats have made me a lot stronger though. They also make me fell"tired" leg presses don't. Sometimes i see stars after squatting.

you could definetly get by with squats alone, but why not hit them a little further? I've always stuck to 4 exercises for legs and it's always worked well.

only sets to failure indicated:
2-3x BB squats
2x Hacks OR Leg Press
2x SLDL
3x leg curl

squats are the best leg exercise by far though, really the best full body exercise.

Top Bottom