Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Are expired supplements dangerous?

WalkingBeast

Elite Dementor
Platinum
Hey everyone! Just got a car load of slightly expired protein bars and some creatine and amino acid products. Ive eaten expired protein bars before and they taste fine, but was just curious if they are bad to eat. Most of the stuff is only expired by 3 months. Think its still good? ThanX

Expired protein bars should be ok, creatine is another story, if it gets all hard and dried out, it won't work as well. I bought some cheap creatine on eBay once, it was expired and it sucked. If the creatine is still good, I would load it, before it goes bad, I would take 20 to 25 grams per day to get rid of it. Protein bars usually last 1 to 2 years after the expiration date, if you aren't sure you can call the company and ask them.

Isaac79 said:
Expired protein bars should be ok, creatine is another story, if it gets all hard and dried out, it won't work as well. I bought some cheap creatine on eBay once, it was expired and it sucked. If the creatine is still good, I would load it, before it goes bad, I would take 20 to 25 grams per day to get rid of it. Protein bars usually last 1 to 2 years after the expiration date, if you aren't sure you can call the company and ask them.

ThanX Isaac! Where do you get your information if you dont mind me asking? haha Im sure Id eat em anyway if everyone warned against it :D

The reason supplements and vitamins have expiration dates is because over time they begin to break down and not be as useful. They will never become dangerous to consume though even after years and years as long as they haven't been tampered with. So if you keep track of how much protein you take always asume its less than what the package reads.

Even perscription medications have exp. dates but are not dangerous even if you take them years after the exp. date.
As stated in a previous post, they will just slowly lose some of their potency over time. If they were to become dangerous after the exp. date as you asked, trust me, the FDA would require strict rules for stating so on the label. Enjoy your carload of supps bro. If your really worried...mail em all to me..... I`ll take em :)

ya I am a poor college student who would be happy to be the test dummy for it.

but you should be fine,ive taken cheapo gnc creatine 4 months after exp date and it was fine. still tasted great to

Top Bottom