Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

arching lower back on squats?

ahadpour28

Bros- I have a question- I am new to Powerlifting but one of the fundamental differences
I have found between powerlifting squats and bodybuilding squats is carrying the bar
Lower on the back and arching the lumbar area- The question i have is that should one
sacrifice the arch in his lower back to get a little better depth or just squat to the point that
you lose a arch which most of the time for me is parralel or a tad above it. Any input
would be appreciated and any other powerlifting squat tips like bend knees first then butt
or just sit back. Thanks

First off, a power squat starts with moving your hip s back, not bending the knees. It takes time to learn how to keep your arch adn get below parallel. Keep working it -- it will come with time. When I lose my arch it's because I am not paying attention to what I'm doing.

I don't know what type of program are you following. If you are box squatting then get on a parallel box nd use that until you can keep your arch. Then move to one 1 inch or so below parallel. There is no need to any lower than that.

Top Bottom