Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone use hook grip??

I do works great - can't live without it now

took a while to get used to though, do at least one rep of hookgripped olys in each set every workout and it will be ok after a while

Thumb used to hurt with stuff over 300lbs, but not anymore.
It feels like your grip is worse with it, but it's just an illusion.

put lots of chalk on the thumb

Last edited:
Yeah i think it would really help with snatches...
Cleans as well...
How long does it take to get used to it...i have small hands and a strong grip...can dead 550...but heck...any little bit counts...

I use a hook grip for just about everything pull related. It works great for me. I probably wouldn't be able to go too heavy without it.

Last edited:
i put the bar in the crease between my thumb and forefinger, wrap my thumb around the bar, and then grip the bar around my thumb

if that makes sense

What about an alternating hook grip with thumb outside instead of inside?

IE, thumb on same side as fingers...

I can like 100-200 pounds more than with a normal alternating grip.

casualbb said:
What about an alternating hook grip with thumb outside instead of inside?

IE, thumb on same side as fingers...

I can like 100-200 pounds more than with a normal alternating grip.

Do you mean for oly pulls? I don't think an alternating grip is a good idea for that.

I do the thumbless grip (Like I think you were taling about) for the catch of a power clean. But with an over-over grip.

I am thinking of trying the thumbless grip for axle C&P, but can't do it with a rotating bar.

Yeah that hook grip felt real good today when i was doing my snatches..i'll be in tomorrow to try it out for cleans...

Thanks for the help...

Top Bottom