Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone Know About Remote Car Starters?

chewyxrage

So I was looking at buying one for my girl's birthday. Midwest is getting pretty frosty at this point.

She has a 2000 Olds Alero.

Best Buy told me I'd have to buy a separate adapter that costs $120 (basically doubling the cost of the starter)

Does that sound right to ya'll? Any alternatives?

I don't think her car will last long enough to be worth installing a $300 remote starter.

So I was looking at buying one for my girl's birthday. Midwest is getting pretty frosty at this point.

Best Buy told me I'd have to buy a separate adapter that costs $120 (basically doubling the cost of the starter)

I don't think her car will last long enough to be worth installing a $300 remote starter.

Try and find a decent local place that has a good rep for doing them. I did the same thing for my gf last winter and her car got totalled a couple weeks ago. At least she got half a winter's use out of it!

Actually they're also good for pre-chilling the car in the summer.

I think 400.00 an up is the going rate for a alarm with remote start an paging.... U can keep adding stuff like window modules an proxemity sensors an all kinds of stuff it could get costly... 300.00 sounds like a good deal

why don't you just save 400 bux and get your lazy ass outta bed early and start your chix car for her.... uuuughh idiot (napoleon dynamite)

i think you can buy remote control vibrating panties for like 40 bux... that's a better buy imo.. plus she can just rub her clam on her windshield after play time is over to melt the frost... just sayin

What's this "separate adapter" thing exactly? Just a wiring harness or a piece of solid state electronics?

FWIW, the remote start is very convenient. My Corvette came with one. It's such a long and wide car it tends to be the one we leave in the drive rather than put in the garage, so it sits right outside our bedroom window. All I have to do on cold mornings is go to the window and push the button. Spoils you pretty quick.

RW - the way it was explained to me is that the adapter has to fool the car into thinking there is a key in the ignition in order for it to start.

Convenience is what I'm going for. Point out the window 10-15 before she's out the door.

I looked into getting one for my '09 Corolla - read that getting an aftermarket one installed voids certain aspects of the warranty. To have a factory one installed in my car would be up near $500. I'm still contemplating that. Car is so new that it may be worth it.

Not trying to put $300 or so into a ride that may not make it through 2 more winters. Not looking for alarms or that type of shit.

Top Bottom