Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

anyone ever have this injury

needsize

Elite Mentor
Platinum
A month or so ago I was doing a set of stiff legged deads, not super heavy, 365lbs for 10 reps. On the 9th rep, something in my left shoulder popped, and now it hurts like hell anytime I do a pulling motion. I gave it a break for a week, then took a week off training, and when I came back I did fairly light pulldowns, and it wasnt too bad. This week I did weighted chins, own bodyweight of 245lbs plus another 30lbs, and on the 6th rep it went out again.
Its pissing me off as upper back is the area I need to bring up the most for competition, and now it hurts like a bastard to train it

I'd have an MRI done pretty soon. Better to know exactly what you're dealing with than make it worse by trying to work through it.

no bruising, I want to try and heal it before I go bug the surgeon again(was there about back and rotator cuff before)

dont risk it!

who cares if you are bugging him, your paying his salary, aren't ya?

focus on the big picture....

might be infraspinatus, since on SLDL the weight actually swing out a little and the infraspinatus has to steady the weight and stabilize. A recoomendation is to have you wife massage it and see what it feels like, most of the time it is a lsight pull but if she feel a rough gritty area it might be torn, lus you will feel a lot of pain there as well, other than that you can see your doc and have him test you cuff to see if their are any muscle imbalances, and injuries that need to be addressed

ChewYxRage said:
dont risk it!

who cares if you are bugging him, your paying his salary, aren't ya?

That's a good point. Bug him, Needsize, bug him! :) I'm thinking about getting checked out for something vaguely similar, and it'll probably cost me an arm and leg. Should things come to that, I still think it might be worth it.

Typical doctor's visit: ??? dollars
MRI: ???? dollars
Lifting heavy things without pain: priceless.

Ugh. Sorry. Had to say it.

in canada its free to bug the doc, maybe I'll drop him a line. It only hurts when I do any pulling, I just trained arms yesteday and was repping 325lbs on close grip bench and didnt feel a thing

needsize said:
in canada its free to bug the doc, maybe I'll drop him a line. It only hurts when I do any pulling, I just trained arms yesteday and was repping 325lbs on close grip bench and didnt feel a thing

Canada kicks ass, then ;) I figured you had good health care but wasn't absolutely sure.

I'm sorry about the pain, though. I know you're eager to blow those [already impressive, IMO] lats up. You will, soon enough...let that doc look you over one more time, and after that we'll pray you don't have to see him for many years to come :)

Top Bottom