Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Any real use from multivitamins?

Vikaaavika

Is there any real use from multivitamins? I mean,they are supposedly good for us, but can one actually feel adifference between taking them, and not taking them? Maybe there aresome particular vitamins that make a difference, and others are addedjust to charge us more money?

It's been argued, quite properly, that a solid nutritious diet and healthy lifestyle provides ALL the nutrients you need. That includes vitamins and minerals.

The 'but...' comes with not everyone eats as well as they ought to. There is, as you say, also a 'but' in that short term use shows little or no effect and you don't feel better physically on taking them.

All that said, more so with the cheaper versions, they are so reasonably priced (pennies per day) as to be worth taking them just for the 'in case they work'.

It's less specific vitamins and more which versions of some you get. Solgar, here in the UK at least, are several times more expensive than any supermarket version and contain the best forms in the right ratios.

As a general rule, people don't need multivitamins, since they are supposed to get all their nutrients and vitamins from the food they eat. However, these days few people have a healthy and well balanced diet, and the food sold these days is not as good either, so there is a real need for vitamin supplementation. However, this should be taken with a grain of salt and not taken to the extremes. You will not notice anything in particular when you take your vitamins, but they will definitely be beneficial for you, so if you have the chance to take them on a regular basis, it would be best to do so. I personally either use N2Guard or Ruthless 3D year round, and feel very well by knowing that my body is not missing anything.

A multivitamin is a very good supplement to take that's pretty affordable.

The amount of nutrients in our food is no where near what is was 50 years ago because our soils are depleted of nutrients. They used to use crop rotation techniques to ensure soils maintained a high level of nutrients but now with mass commercial farms - no one does that anymore.

Also, athletes require higher vitamin and nutrient intakes then sedimentary individuals because of the hard training they under go each day.

Most of us eat the same food every day - which makes it very easy to become deficient in a certain vitamin or mineral.

I recommend all my clients take a multivitamin supplement daily.

Multivitamins are not something you will "feel". I think they are a great idea because we all lack something in our diets. Even eating healthy it is tough to get in everything you should be.......especially as bodybuilders. This is why I take Ruthless 3D which was designed for hardcore athletes.

I asked a similar question 5 weeks ago. I ended up going with Animal Pack multi., a fish oil, magnesium/zinc and curcumin. If you are deficient, you can definitely "feel better". Many men lack magnesium, zinc, vitamin D....
I can say my knees feel better, nails growing, and I feel better when studying and working out... but I'm going to do blood work when I get back into town. We will see how much is placebo and what is actually helping...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom