Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anti-catabolic suppliments

HellsMessenger

Hey guys,

What suppliments do you use to minimize muscle loss during dieting? I have done 3 different bulking cycles so far. Each time I put on nearly 20 lbs of weight with a bit of fat added to my abs (never more than 2 inches added to my waist meas.), but despite trying different diet plans (ketogenic, cyclical ketogenic, low fat/high protein/mod carbs low calorie 2000), by the time I get my abs showing again I have lost nearly all of the muscle gains. I am beginning to think I am wasting my time with all this bulking and cutting crap.

I am currently 175 at 9% bf. I have bulked as high as 200 lbs 14% bf. I eat a very clean diet on a 40-30-30 cpf plan when bulking, when bulking I step my calories up as high as 5000, when dieting I go as low as 2000. I lift 3 to to 4 times a week high intensity, short sessions < 1hr . I have mixed up my training techniques every 6-8 weeks.

I am always really happy with my success at the bulking phase, my chest arms and legs seem huge at 200. Arms are 17.25", but I have to lose so much weight before my abs lean out. It is really frustrating. By the time I get my abs lean again I have lost nearly 3/4" off my arms and an inch off my chest.

Is it time to hit the juice?

first, when cutting if you are at 200 lbs you should be getting no lower than around 2500 cals in my opinion, 2000 is too low, go 15 X bw-500. also some supps to limit muscle loss when cutting (i cant help you steroid wise though) are HMB, glutamine, bcaa's.

Never tried glutamine, does it work well? As far as keeping calories at 2500, I will lose for a while but my waist will not get lean at that level. I usually have to drop calories below 2000 before I get my waist down to 32". I have to be really hungry to lose that last bit of fat. I know I could keep calories up at 2500 and spend more time with cardio but I hate doing cardio so I stick to 20 minute sessions of high intensity (sprints, jump rope) 3X per week. I am not willing to do 1 hour cardio sessions.

I to recommend glutamine. It helps hydrate your muscles, which helps with protein synthesis. I recommend glutamine peptides over L-Glutamine. I noticed a big difference. I also agree with you on the cardio, I don't like it, High Intensity has been working very well for me.

HellsMessenger said:
Never tried glutamine, does it work well? As far as keeping calories at 2500, I will lose for a while but my waist will not get lean at that level. I usually have to drop calories below 2000 before I get my waist down to 32". I have to be really hungry to lose that last bit of fat. I know I could keep calories up at 2500 and spend more time with cardio but I hate doing cardio so I stick to 20 minute sessions of high intensity (sprints, jump rope) 3X per week. I am not willing to do 1 hour cardio sessions.

yes i do believe glutamine is beneficial, though dont waste your money taking it when bulking only cutting. as for one hour cardio, you dont need to do that 30 min 3 X a week is fine with 500 cal deficit, just be a little patient with the fat loss. allow around 12 weeks for cutting diet should be sufficietn

Thanks for the tips 110.

So how about this for my next diet phase. I keep my calories at about 190x15 -500 = 2350. for 12 weeks (Shouldn't this formula somehow be based on lean body mass instead of body weight?)

I take Glutamine Peptides and HMB.
20 minute HIIT training 3x per week
1 hour HIT (weight) training 3x week.

What about creatine?

How about an ECA stack?

I know that frustration. Have you experimented with occasional re-feeds to keep leptin levels higher? Definitely supplement with glutamine and free amino acids. Also ECA or NYC could be beneficial, as could T-2 and/or usnic acid. I also just read on another thread that nicotine gum could be helpful! My next cutting phase I'm gonna smell like a walking chemical factory!

Top Bottom