I'm well aware of that, which is why I brought it up. The USMC detachment is on Army real estate. You trained on Army ranges and your USMC instructors were using classrooms at the Army's FA school. When I attended ARMY officer basic and advanced training at Fort Sill, there were several USMC Officers in my classes. Some of them stayed at Sill to become instructors after being trained by Army Officers.
I've seen similar sitiuations at the Air Defense, Signal, Quartermaster and Engineer schools. The USMC can't afford all of the infrastructure for that kind of training so Dept of Defense wisely has them use the facilities of the world's greatest Land Component Military: The United States Army.
So you see, if you want to criticize the Army and its standards, you are also criticizing the USMC.
"All Marine Field Artillerymen - both officer and enlisted - are trained at the United States Army Field Artillery Training Center.
Goals
To prepare soldiers and Marines for war and operations other than war.
Training command accomplishes this goal through instruction for soldiers and marines from initial entry level through battalion, division artillery and field artillery brigade pre-command courses"
http://sill-www.army.mil/USAFAS/index.htm