Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Another BFL question!

Disco Dave

Right, I've bought Body for Life by Bill Phillips, although I haven't read it cover to cover yet, he seems to suggest training your whole upper body one day, do cardio the next, and then do lower body and abs the following day and so on. How can you possibly perform to your potential on all exercises? Surely you'll burn out? Say for example you go at it hammer and tongs on your chest, you're not going to be able to do as much on say your back as you could if you were training back and bi's on a separate day to chest shoulders and tris?
Any comments? Am I missing something?

I think you have to consider the target audience--people who've never moved more than a pinkie finger. Beginners aren't terribly likely to be working to dead certain failure at first anyway. Personally I don't see what the big deal about BFL is, but hey! whatever gets you off the sofa. Split it up however you like--there's no magic formula patented by big Bill.

yeah exactly.
If you want a tailored program stick around....
read it cover to cover.....as if you bought it sounds like you are still a beginner.

And if this is the case, then you WILL see results.

Good luck in your goals
-bl00d

---
I hereby close this topic:D

I've been training for about 2 years, and while I have managed to shed alot of fat, I now want to pack on some muscle, some of the people in the book & in Muscle Media start off very skinny and pack on pound after pound of lean muscle in 3 months, that's what I want to do! I'm 6ft and weight 13 stone, but I'm neither bulkily muscular nor cut! (If you can picture it!)

Several people in my Gym are on the BFL program.
I seems very rigid and structured in regard to Diet and Workout and may be a good way to get into that mindset.
Agreed, If you follow the program as a beginner, you will likely see Muscle growth.

i agree that it is a good *foundation* for people who have been inactive or never stepped foot in the gym...it got me back into the gym after over 5 years....
like keiko said...whatever gets you off the sofa!
I don't think it will yield the dramatic results in the photos for someone "experienced"...and i also don't think that every BODY is the same or reacts the same to any program...too many factors involved....
just my opinion :)

yes, BFL is great for someone like me. I started 5 months ago. I was a typical girl, who tried to eat less then 1200 cal. and worked out for hours. Then I stopped and gained 70 pounds in 2 years. I was so depressed. Then once I read the book, I knew alot more about the wonderful world of training. I was one of those BFL addicts,meaning, I thought if it wasn't by the BFL book, then it wasn't right. But, the longer I do this, and the more experienced I am with nutrition and training, I believe that BFL was designed for a begginner, or someone that had no idea what they were doing. I know BIll says you can always grow with the program, and that is very true, but it dosn't go into all the little details that make a big difference. I would think, that any time you change your routine, your body would react to it. Give it a shot, who knows it might work great.

basically the plan is to keep it simple, hit a basic compound movement for chest, back, shoulders, then hit bis, tris. its very do-able. you certainly cant follow any of the possible workouts that people would use for hitting one or 2 bodyparts a day and combine them. (ie. back and bi workout, chest tri, shoulders workouts all combined) you have to pick and choose 1-2 exercises that will stimulate the muscle group and leave it at that. since you are new to weight training in this aspect, your body will respond regardless.

Body for life is great for what it is, I use it as inspiration, but I follow a different program, and of course not all of those people on B4L and natural, some are probably using AS

Just had a thought about the BFL program.......for people who already train.
Someone asked if the volume would be too low. I guess it depends what your training volume was before.
I read somewhere that the HIT program works well for people who are over trained....so maybe its the same for the BFL.

I have noticed a good amount of gains from temporarly lowering my training volume (not as low as the BFL)
my muscles loved me for it.......and in return they grew.
but its time to bump up the volume a bit

I read the book again the other day (its my mums)
I think the "intensity level 10" sets that make the difference.

Shit anyone who hasnt read it.........check out bills mind blowing weights :D

but it gives people a solid goal of when to eat, train etc........thats pretty cool.
but its not for me....no way.

Top Bottom