Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

anorexia and my gf

BigRugbyMan said:
... The problem is that she thinks shes fat and shes gonna get fatter... She works out everyday and all and she keeps calories around 1000cals ed...."

How is her strength and energy? This would be the most telling answer. If her energy is going down and she's getting weaker on this current diet and routine, then her metabolism is slowing down. This will eat into her muscle, and she'll be correct in assuming "she's gonna get fatter".

If she feels great and is making steady strength gains, then maybe all's well. (But based on your post, I really don't think this is the case.)

I don't know if she's anorexic, but it sounds like she's got some issues, and could be headed down that road. I wasted 20 years of my life on that road and it sucks. She's lucky to have someone like you who cares.

1,000 calories?

The human body requires a minimum of 1200 calories a day just to perform the essential functions for living. If she just sat in bed all day her body will burn 1200 calories. I really don't know what to tell you, but i think she needs help, and very soon. Can you talk to her parents? It's just not healthy no matter how "cut" she wants to be.

Bikini mom

Just read your post girl, THANK YOU! The voice of reason....and common sense! Some people on this Discussion Board are willing to sacrifice entirely too much just to be one of the "beautiful people" This is just my opinion.

Thanls for all the help girls... BTW Bikinimom... Its not that i get pissed when guys hit on her... Its when they are rude and try to act on it... Sometimes they try to grab her, or pull her shir off... Thats when i get in their faces.

BTW... We used to live 6 hours apart for a semester. But transfered to SMU so i could be with her... And i trust her more than i trust anyone

Last edited:
you;d be surprised... you know how people get when they are drunk as hell...

Whether at a party or a club, or haging out with people by our hot tub... Its quite a frequent thing...

Or when they claim that my girlfriend fucked them in the bathroom... How could i not get in someones face for that?

That's crazy! But, you're right...Kev (my signif. other) would go into extreme ROID RAGE if that were to happen...

Don't get into trouble...

Glad to hear that you support her -- I think that's important. But as Bikinimom (I think) pointed out, she's the only one who can really make the change. If she's obsessed with diet, maybe you could show her some of the cutting diets that have been floating around here, which I suspect, involve eating more calories than she is currently eating to maintain.

Maybe if you can show her that if she wants to improve her figure, the way to do it is to build up muscles. When I finally understood that the key to looking good isn't in being small, it's in having good proportions, I finally got off the yoyo diets and started working to build up the parts that I do like, instead of trying to annihilate the parts I don't like. My stomach isn't so much smaller, but my shoulders and glutes are bigger, so in comparison, I look better than I ever did when I was skinny, even though I weigh a fair amount more. I wouldn't go so far as to say that my waist looks tiny, but having built up shoulders, lats, and so on, I definitely got the hourglass thing going on, a little. I hardly bother with checking bf anymore, even though I have a tanita scale.

It was reading the posts on here that made me realize that the only way I could build up the parts I liked was to eat the protein required. I eat more than I did when I was fat now (but cleaner, of course) and look better than I did when I was skinny. I don't consciously diet anymore, and yet my bf is at 18%. I eat. A lot. I burn it off though, or feed my muscles with it.

Anyhow, my 2 cents.

Wyst

U sound like a decent Joe!

Very cool Brotha!

I know how hard it is to deal with drunk ASSHOLES - shit, I do NOT know which is worse - them or the SOBER ASSHOLES!!!

Either way, you sound like your initial hunches were on the money and you care a great deal for her. POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT will go a looooooooong way, but she has got to want it for herself! I have no clue what to tell you about this as I have never had to help another get over an eating disorder. I can only tell you about MY OWN experience. No matter how badly someone wanted to help me in the past - it had to come from ME. Love her and continue to give her positive reinforcement about being STRONG and SHAPELY.... not so much emphasis on lean, lean, lean. Remember, the pics you see in the mags are shot on a particular day - A MOMENT FOREVER FROZEN IN TIME - NO ONE LOOKS LIKE THAT ALL THE TIME!!!
NO ONE!!!

Like I said, it is hard to watch my striations and vascularity fade, but when it does happen it is because I AM LIVING - drinking and eating LOTS OF YUMMY STUFF - and kind of "putzing around" in the gym.....more like just showing up and bumping my gums, cardio? WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT? If it doesn't involve sex or shopping - I DON'T WANT TO FUCKING KNOW ABOUT IT!!

HAHAHHAHEHehehhahahahaoahaooahahoahoahaaaa

OOOOOooooooooo, I may actually get to a WHOPPING 18%bf! HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!! There are lots of guys who find me more appealing at that bf% (Not that I particularly give two shits what lots of guys think - LOL.) Anyways, I know what I will have to do to get the bf where it needs to be. I have no interest in competing just now, so why ON EARTH would I give a shit about what my bf% is? As long as my mirror and the tape measure and my clothing say that I am ALL THAT - GUESS WHAT? I AM!

Many of the newer board members have not been around when I am dieting - TRUST ME - IT AIN'T PRETTY!!!! FUCKING QUEEN BITCH FROM HELL does not even BEGIN to scratch the surface. I once "thought out loud" (meaning I thought it and out of my mouth it came) to an ENTIRE cardio kickboxing class, "My abs are showing I don't NEED to skip rope like you all!" ......The truth was that I was too spaztic to master the skill - I STILL AM. Point being I was so fucking bitchy from all the goddamned cardio and XTREMELY limited diet that I was less than, shall we say TACTFULL!

Ok, I will get off the soapbox and SHUT THE FUCK UP. :)

Top Bottom