Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Animal shelter animals

Yes, it's the main quarantine station for Sydney. It's a happy ending because these animals get collected by their owners eventually, whether their stay is four weeks or three months (unlike animal shelters). t's tough on their owners too, knowing that their animal is crying out for them.

gwl9dta4 said:

That's exactly what i am talking about. Those animals are so hartbroken and it's so obvious. They also had some very small kittens that were hissing with a look of horror whenever a person came near them, i hate to even think what someone was doing to them before they ended up in the shelter.

the thing you dont know about those kittens is that alot of them die in their cages. because they put so many in one cage they kill eachother, suffocate eachother, starve eachother, dehydrate eachother, or just die from the heat or cold. the shelter i go to atleast one kitten dies a week. i guess their chances of surviving in the cage is better than in the ally but its still sad

vinylgroover said:
Yes, it's the main quarantine station for Sydney. It's a happy ending because these animals get collected by their owners eventually, whether their stay is four weeks or three months (unlike animal shelters). t's tough on their owners too, knowing that their animal is crying out for them.

Can the owners go visit them and play with them?

You think that's sad?? Last year I worked alot with terrier rescue. You should see a puppy mill down south, UNREAL cruelty. The live animals were so starved they were feeding off the dead animals. It was so heart wrenching you see why they say serial killers begin by torturing animals. I had rescue dogs stay with me and though some had bad habits you had to train them out of, they were the most loving animals I've ever encountered. Getting an animal from rescue or an animal shelter is a great idea, most pet stores get their puppies from puppy mills and I encourage people to not use pet stores for that reason. Saw a cat two years ago in an animal shelter that would have broken your heart too. Very sad story the cat was old, like 9 years old, and her owner was an elderly lady who passed away. I've never seen such an affectionate animal, you could tell she was used to alot of affection from her owner. She seemed sad and confused.....I almost took her home but my GF refused, she said the cat would die soon anyway and why have your heart broken like that. Next week I went back to check for a lost terrier and she had been destroyed. Sad.

They can visit them, but no touching and they are not allowed to enter the enclosure.

The cats were funny. They actually had this system whereby the enclosures were vertical rather than horizontal, so that the cats could climb up to the top of the enclosure and sit on a platform in their individual cage (as you know cats love height). So they were all sitting on these platforms probably 21/2 metres off the ground meowing:)

talonracer said:
You think that's sad?? Last year I worked alot with terrier rescue. You should see a puppy mill down south, UNREAL cruelty. The live animals were so starved they were feeding off the dead animals. It was so heart wrenching you see why they say serial killers begin by torturing animals. I had rescue dogs stay with me and though some had bad habits you had to train them out of, they were the most loving animals I've ever encountered. Getting an animal from rescue or an animal shelter is a great idea, most pet stores get their puppies from puppy mills and I encourage people to not use pet stores for that reason. Saw a cat two years ago in an animal shelter that would have broken your heart too. Very sad story the cat was old, like 9 years old, and her owner was an elderly lady who passed away. I've never seen such an affectionate animal, you could tell she was used to alot of affection from her owner. She seemed sad and confused.....I almost took her home but my GF refused, she said the cat would die soon anyway and why have your heart broken like that. Next week I went back to check for a lost terrier and she had been destroyed. Sad.

Exactly.... I can't stand breeders. It's freaking selfish .:mad:

I remeber one cat was so extremly happy to me and my GF, he was an older lad but very energetic. He would meaw, and try to get us to pet him but when he saw we were not going to take him he just got quiet and went in his cage and looked sad. Man i could go on and on. But anyone that says cats are not affectionate, should see the abandoned ones in the shelter.

Actually, starfish does more than getting pets from a shelter. Right now she is trying to catch a stray cat that she has been feeding for a couple months. She has already found a home for her once she does catch her.

That says a lot about what she is made of. :angel:

"Humans should have never been born, or at the very least should die as soon as possible." - Silenos

I just got a kitten from the shelter a few weeks ago. It was hard to choose just one since they all seem so desparate. The one I got was extremely shy and hissed whenever I tried petting him. I figured he was one of the least likely to get a home so I got him. As soon as we got home he ran and hid. I had to take apart my whole kitchen just to find him. He hid for about 2 weeks and the only time he would come out was at night to use the litter and eat. He would always hiss at me and whenever I went near him he started breathing real strange, as if he was crying.

Just a few days ago he came out of the kitchen during the night and started sleeping under my bed. Now he's doing alot better. He is still paranoid as hell, seems like he's on crack, but he's having a fun time playing with toys I bought him and eating whenever he wants. He still doesn't like when I go near him but he doesn't hiss or try to claw me. I figure in a week or so he'll be completely comfortable. I wonder how his previous owners treated him because he seems scared to death of humans.

Top Bottom