Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

An injury. please read

Distortion

3 weeks ago i injured my right leg during football. I've gone to my doctor and he didn't say anything about it except take advil before i run (great help) and i've been to the chiropractor 2x which has helped some. :mad:

No one knows exactly what I did, but i will do my best to describe the pain. I'm pretty certain that it is muscle related, i think in my hamstring. The only time that it acts up is when i'm running (fast). I can walk, jog, and even bike with no pain what so ever. When I run fast and i go to bring my right leg up off of the ground a HUGE pain shoots in 2 main spots of my leg. the first place is in my hamstring near my knee its a sharp quick pain but where it really hurts is near my hip, somewhere it feels pretty deep and it hurts like hell, almost like a pulled muscle or something. :redhot:

Certain motions will also make it hurt if i'm on my back and i put my leg in the air staright up, knee straight i can't really bring me leg back, it hurts like hell. Other strange motions will make it hurt but they are difficult to explain.

if anyone has any feedback it would be GREATLY appreciated

with the way you're descibing the pain, it sounds to me like you may have strained a ligament or a tendon....you better be really carefull what you do with something like that, that shit can be really serious if you mess it up more.

doh, so should i stretch? i have been running on it for 3 weeks

i'm gona go on vacation tomorrow for 9 days.. could it heal that quickily if i aid it?

One thing to take care of the pain.....

Have you ever heard of Myofacial release????
It is a massage technique that removes the scare tissue that is built up around the muscles after an injury which limits the range of motion and what not in order to protect the muscle against further injury, much like the one you discribed... it is a soft tissue problem not a structural one.
Might I suggestion one thing...... see a MD and confirm that this is the case with MRI or X-ray just to be sure that is not structure related.
Once that is confirmed, go see a sports injury professional who practices Myofacial Release.... believe me it will work wonders. Here in Canada, where I currently live, there is a Olympic athlete who goes to see the same massage therapist that I do for my back. It is a long story which I won't get into here but you can read about in the thread "What the hell is wrong with me???".... I explain what happened... it is the shortened version of the whole experience.
I may be a novice here on the board but believe when I say.... go see a massage therapist who practices this technique.... not to one of those "rub and tugs" but to a legit RMT.... you won't be disappointed!!!!!

Maxmuscle66

Last edited:
Hi there...I hope you are on vacation right now RESTING your leg! It sounds like you have an overuse injury of your hamstrings...a tendinitis. Tendinitis is common in athletes, especially those who run. The faster you run, the more stress is placed on the hamstrings to decelerate your leg through the "swing phase" of the running cycle. Tendinitis is a common ailment and can be treated, but the sooner you start your rehab, the shorter the rehab time. I would start by icing right where the pain is throughout the day for about 15 minutes at a time (watch for skin for burning). You can take an anti-inflammatory as well. Be sure to especially ice after walking or any activity. You should perform some gentle hamstring stretches as well....but make sure there is NO PAIN with stretching because that will only increase the inflammation present. It is important that you talk to you MD first and okay these interventions with him/her. As soon as you are back to running again painfree, you may want to seek some advice for a good stretching and strengthening program for your leg to balance the muscles out aroung the knee. Good Luck!:angel:

I agree with the tendinitis it could be that or maybe a partially torn tendon which hurts when you apply large pressure with the muscles. The only thing I knew for sure is that you should consult a sports therapist or a doctor that is used to atheletes. Its sounds like you could use an mri or some other tests to find out what it is. If you dont you could end up in the on the surgeons slab getting cut on bro.

yup i'm on vacation right now resting, or as much as i can. Before i left my doctor perscribed some anti-inflamitory for me to take. I asked about ice/heat but they said at this point it is a waste of time but the heat my relieve some of the pain. maybe i'll ice it anyways. Appreciate the feedback :)

this shit better get better by the 16th!!!! thats when i start fukin people up in football

Top Bottom