Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

An apple a day?

vtec96

ok, as the old saying goes, and apple a day keeps the Dr. away :D

ok, I know apples have good amont of fiber, and seem to be pretty filling and taste good. I also heard somewhere that they have a chemical that makes your bowels move more.... Other than the fiber! I noticed this too after eating about one per day while at work.

Would it be a good idea to eat one apple per day, Everyday to keep regular with good fiber?

They are also low GI so they would not spike insulin too much right?

moderate GI
but some carbs (fructose)

If you want more fiber in your diet, oatmeal or fibrous vegetables are better than apples

Anthrax said:
moderate GI
but some carbs (fructose)

If you want more fiber in your diet, oatmeal or fibrous vegetables are better than apples
I was eating the apple at work since it is quick and has the extra fiber I need ...

Actually I eat one-cup of old-fashoned oats EVERY morning, with maybe one banana and some flaxseed oil.... trying to bulk but not too much ;)

apples have a lower than average GI of around 40. with a low carb count (a avg apple has 20g) they are one of the best fruits to eat when on a calorie restrictive diet.

keep fruit consumption to the am or early afternoon.

thanks everyone, but you ever heard of some "chemical" that keeps you regular-going to el bano:)
Someone from my gym told me this actually about applesauce, but thats the same thing as apples, so not shure? Seems like if I eat one every day it makes me go like twice per day, and I can feel it working in my stomach....

maybe your apple is not rippen enough ?

Top Bottom