Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ampules, Oil and Filter Needles

bblazer

Banned
My only experience with ampules is as a paramedic. When we would open an amp, we would draw the drugs witha filter needle and then switch to an administration needle to give the patient the drugs. This was obviously done to keep any glass particulates from being injected in both IV or IM.

The catch here is that we never gave anything suspended in oil. Everything was water based since it was going in an IV or needed a more immediate response if going IM.

Now I am going to be dealing with amps that contain oil. There is no way that I am going to be able to draw up an oil based product through a filter needle.

This obviously leads me to ask the question, "What do you all do?"

Thanks,
B-

drawing up any liquid could be done with any needle tip. I have 18g & 21g people use "for drawing fluids" then switch to a fresh sharp...

drawing up any liquid could be done with any needle tip. I have 18g & 21g people use "for drawing fluids" then switch to a fresh sharp...

Which is what is done with a rubber stopper vial. I am talking about 18g filter needles that have an internal membrane to remove glass or other particulate matter down to 5 microns. These are used to draw up liquid fron a glass ampule.

This is what I am talking about.

I'm pretty sure oil is going to be real hard to get through that.

B-

Fuck it bro. Glass is anabolic :D

I draw with 20g and shoot with 25g. No issues with any glass yet....knock on wood.

I'm thinking a glass particle would have to be pretty fucking small to pass through a 25g pin.

Fuck it bro. Glass is anabolic :D

I draw with 20g and shoot with 25g. No issues with any glass yet....knock on wood.

I'm thinking a glass particle would have to be pretty fucking small to pass through a 25g pin.

I'm guessing a little glass dust IM is not nearly as bad as if given IV.

I could always put it in a spoon, heat it up and draw through a cotton ball like the cool kids.

Oh wait, that's not the stuff we're talking about here.....

B-

Or...you could snap all your amps into a beaker, then heat up and filter with a syringe filter into 10 ml vials. I dont use amps so this is pure conjecture on my part...

This is an excellent question..

I don't believe my doctor's office uses a filtering needle to draw test out of the multi dose vial.. but with an amp it may be more of a problem.

Top Bottom