Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

American Express Rewards?

BBJ

in todays mail i received a thing for a pre-approved Amex rewards card.
i already have a visa. the rewards card talks about travel, airline, shopping and other stuff.
is it worth having another card?
how are the rewards?

the only thing holding me back was the $65 annual fee.

Last edited:
You should get an american express card, not for the rewards, but if you have any problems with a purchase and the store won't take it back, AMEX will refund you up to a certain amount, they double the warranty on many products. AMEX give buyers some protection, which is also the reason many stores don't accept it. I vote yes, anyone else gonna answer?

Do not get an AMEX card that has an annual fee. Why? Because they offer several cards that do NOT have an annual fee and that have better benefits. The Platinum Cash Rebate card for instance (the card I use unless the merchant doesn't take it).

I just checked the AMEX website to find you info on that card, but it looks like they don't have it on there anymore. I'll have to call 'em up tomorrow and see how that's going to affect me, but I just found the "Blue Cash" from American Express which looks even better.

No annual fee.
0% intro APR
Online Fraud Protection
Return Protection (return shit up to 90 days even if merchant won't take it... covers up to $300 per item)
Buyer's Assurance (adds time to warranty on purchases)
Purchase Protection (CD player you bought a month ago stolen? kicked your new LCD monitor after losing in a video game? AMEX covers you up to $1,000 per item, $50,000 per year)

and, the part I like best... CASH REBATES

3% cash back on supermarkets, gas stations... (oh shit... gas stations? LOL I'm going to chuck my "Chase Freedom" card in the trash now!!), drugstores, and home improvement stores. Up to 1.5% cash back on any other purchases.... and 2% cash back for months in which you carry a balance... meaning you can carry a balance for the 6 month introductory period and get 2% additional cash back on purchases.

lol

This new Blue shit card rules. I'm gonna get one tomorrow.

Top Bottom