Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

"Amazing" low-cal, low-carb, high-protein sweet and tasty diet dessert

plornive

Ok, tofu-phobes, it is time to eat some phytoestrogens because this shit tastes damn good.

Buy one 12 oz. package of MoriNu Light Silken Tofu, any consistency. Have 4 medium strawberries, some Splenda/artificial-sweetener, a plate, a knife, a fork and possibly a microwave on hand. Mash the tofu on the plate. Spinkle the Splenda/artificial-sweetener on the tofu while mixing the mashed pieces up. Cut each strawberry into 8 pieces by cutting it in 3 orthogonal directions (each perpendicular to each other, you get the picture). Put them on top of the tofu. To warm it, microwave it for 25-30 seconds if desired.

~150 calories, 20g protein, 2g fat (soybean oil), 10-11g of carbs (less than 1/2 fructose) and quite a bit of fiber.

People in my office thought I was a freak.

Last edited:
Tofu takes on the taste of whatever you put into it. Tell me, qualitatively, what is disgusting about it!

Kudos for the recipe.

Tofu (aside from the soy/estrogen debate) is a frikkin great way to get some extra protein and fiber. Do you see many fat ass Japanese people? Not that its all the tofu, like all else in the body composition game its LIFESTYLE that counts.

Tofu is neutral tasting; it WILL take on the taste of whatever you put on it. You can blend it with fruit for a great natural postworkout shake (I know, I know, fructose is not as optimal as dextrose for replenishing glycogen, but some folks like the natural approach as opposed to protein powders, etc.)

Tofu's pretty good fried too, and healthy depending on what you fry it in, just throw in some Soy Sauce, maybe some sesame oil, vegetable/canola oil and whatever else you want the tofu to taste like. If you put in onions, it will taste like onions. If you put in green peppers, it will taste like green peppers. You get the picture.

BTW, what is the final word on soy/estrogen?

[ Do you see many fat ass Japanese people? ]

yes- I do. Not that there all totally fat but even the skinny one's have a smooth and bloated look to there skin. Probably from all the High GI carbs the eat - white rice.

"Sumo wrestlers are a prime example" of a fat Japanese person. I'm sure the eat lots of Tofu

I don't think Japanese look smooth. Most of them are not built because lifting weights earns NO respect in Japan or all of East Asia for that matter.

Tofu contains phytoestrogens. These phytoestrogens can bind to the estrogen receptors, but do NOT have the same effects as estogen/estrodiol. For many people, estrogen will lower estrogen espression.

Tofu is a good alternative to casein for a slowly digesting protein. Tofu made in the right way is a *complete* protein. It contains a lot of glutamine, too.

Top Bottom