Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

AM weight training?

15yroldinNY

Hey guys, , i have to do first thing when i wake up weight training, and am looking for pre workout meals. I am cutting also.
As soon as I wake up: Whey shake, powerade
Postworkout:same thing
1 hour later: breakfast
This is what someone told me...Now, for someone cutting, wont all the simple sugars haunt me?

I would find something with complex carbs in it as a preworkout shake, powerade, gatorade, etc are all simple sugars and won't power a decent workout, any supplement store will carry something better.

i'm interested in this also...

you didn't elaborate, have something better...like what?

dextrose?

From what I understand, you need something fast-acting as soon as you wake up, to fill up your glycogen stores. Hence, the simple sugars.

A good carb drink will have a mix of both simple and complex carbs, it's been a long time since I've bought any as oatmeal is my pre-workout staple, so I can't remember any any of the brand names, but just go into a supplement store and ask for their carb drinks. Read the labels as to what kind of carbs are in it, the ones I used to buy were about 500ml, and had 110 carbs in them, both simple and complex, and they were cheap too, only $2 each canadian.
A drink with just simple sugars is nearly useless as pre-workout as they burn off really quickly and will not give you the sustained energy you need for a heavy workout. On the flip side, my post workout drink is 2 scoops of gatorade powder, lots of simple sugars as I'm looking to refill glycogen stores quickly and get an insulin spike to digest the protein that's in the shake as well.

Top Bottom