Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Am I A Freak......

tzan

Or is other peoples hardest part about doing incline dumbell presses just getting the weight up. My chest is my strongets part and I'm trying to lift heavy. I just went up to the 95 pound weights, but it took me about five tries(with an obvious spotter) to just get the weight onto my chest. Once I got it up, I did it for 5 good reps. Does this happen to anyone else, and does anyone have any ideas(no clue what) what would help? I'm supposed to be doing chest tommorow and want to continue to move up, but fear that I won't be able to get the fudgen weight up to start.

I find that to be true also. The hardest part about db shoulder presses is the first rep. I can go pretty heavy with db shoulder presses if I have a spotter to help me get the first rep. Without a spotter I have to use much lighter dbs.

You might very well be a freak, but not because of this. :)

Think about it. When you're actually pressing the dbs, you're using your chest, shoulders, arms, back. To get the weight in position, all you've got is your arms.

Here's what to do. Sit on the incline bench with the weight on your knees. Use your knee to "kick" up the weight on your strong side first, then your weak side.

DB shoulder presses are the worst, I can rep out on at least the 100's but getting them up there is half the workout!

Another solution is to get two spotters and have them hand you the dumbells at lockout so you don't have to kick the weight into position on your own.

:devil:
I used to do alot of dumbell benching. While being forced to work out at home for an extended period of time, I purchased a set of power blocks. The top of the line set went up to 125lbs each. After working up to that weight, I could do 3 -sets of ten but it was a bitch to get the weight in place. I put myself into some pretty stressful situations getting the dumbells from the floor to the chest because I didn't have a spotter and was surprised that I never got hurt. I'm glad that's not the case anymore! Be careful, its way too easy to tear something just getting into place.

Yep, you're a freak. :)

Keep the dumbbells high on your thighs before you kick them up. Then one leg at a time, really give a good kick up while cleaning the bell. I always use this kick as part of my psyche-up. When you get in the 120-130 range I wouldnt feel bad asking two guys to hand them to you, save your energy for the set.

996690549883_covers.jpg

Top Bottom