Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

All you wanted to know about ZMA!!

I do see the logic in riskybiz's point, and it's true that the main "scientific study" that is widely used to try and support ZMA supplementation was performed on college football players who were indeed deficient in zinc & mag prior to using either ZMA or a placebo. Yet, as risky said, many athletes are deficient, so ZMA would likely work for these individuals.

Of course, using this same logic, ZMA would only work temporarily for these individuals until their ZMA supplementation brings their zinc & mag levels up to a non-deficient level. The bare-bones fact is that more studies need to be performed with ZMA on a wider variety of subjects.

I think your little personal test will be of good use thefameinmyname. Post the results here after you've completed the 2nd bloodwork. I'd say buy any zinc/mag supplement as an avg. joe would find at the store.

Oh yeah, and riskybiz, $4 is not really 1/4 the cost of ZMA...more like just under 1/3, but your point is taken. If it's anabolic effects are shite, at least some people are sleeping better because of ZMA. :nighty:

good point, and yes the main "hidden" word there is Deficient. And we all know how to correct deficiencies. If ZMA helps you sleep better that's great news. But 12 bucks for a bottle of ZMA will last you how long? I can get Zinc picolinate w/ B6 for $5 and the picolinate is suppossed to be more absorbable but it will last me over 2 months.

Just under $11/month for ZMA if you go with Optimum Nutrition. By no means am I saying it's cheap compared to run 'o the mill zinc or mag supplements, because we all know it's not. It's all relative, if ZMA works for you or is eventually shown to give results, then it's worth $11/month. Otherwise, I'll be ditching it myself.

Am interested in seeing thefameinmyname's bloodwork results after his test. I just got mine done Wed, so if I can find that info in there I may do a little test myself.

..........................>>>>>>>>>>

I have been taking it for about 3 weeks....dont see any effects yet. How long does it take?

i know it'll be a while for the results but still i can't wait to hear the results... If i'm right we'll be saving some money we could use to better purposes.

um.... with all due respect, what's all the arguing about? the best way to find out is to go and buy a bottle of the damn thing... a month of supply is only 20 bucks on netrition.com.... Why are you all being followers and waiting for others to find out for you if something's indeed worth buying? be the pioneer... imagine the first person who discovered that roids worked... then imagine the faces of those who thought it was nothing but a bunch of bullshit.... Which person would you like to be? Obviously no matter how much scientific evidence we bring to the table to support ZMA, you stubborn mofos are still gonna be skeptical....

All athletes alike are very likely to be deficient in one or both of these minerals... Through sweating and a lot of other factors, our bodies are quickly depleted... Supplementation of these may and may not work, because a lot of things interfere with the absorption with them... ZMA is a great way to bring the imbalance back to normal...

Ok so you say it'll only work until the deficiency is no longer there... SO????? EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS... I dun give a damn if it adds 1 lb on my body in a month... That adds up to 12 solid lbs a year... how many of you seasoned NATURAL builders can claim that? Bodybuilding is a lifelong sport... Does a supplement have to pile on 12 lbs of muscle per month before you believe in it?

john

Top Bottom