Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

All those haters of the so-called use of "ebonics"

ebonics as a joke and fooling around is fine. Other than that it's downright wrong in my book (i.e., Vanilla Ice, and Eminem).

Wasnt there some California school a few years ago that considered recognizing ebonics as a second language?! Now THAT is fucked up....

Yeah i mean wouldn't you think plain ol' English would be easier to elarn? I dunno, seems to me it's something else black Americans do to try and distinguish themselves, but at the same time further segregate themselves.

I saw an article about ebonics in the paper. They had someone who was supporting teaching it as a second language. The reporter asked him to give an example of a word in ebonics. The guy said "chewgone" was a word in ebonics. The reporter then asked him to explain how "chewgone" would be used in a sentence. He responded "What chewgone do tomorrow?" I thought that was pretty damn funny.

There certainly must not be enough blacks that post on this website (just like I feel there aren't enough, OR ANY, Japanese Americans on this post after that racist-ridden thread on Pearl Harbor). A lot of the comments on this thread could certainly be construed as racist, but, I'm going to assume that it's just ignorance. Black Americans certainly do not "talk" a certain way to "distinguish" themselves or even segregate themselves from the rest of society. Young blacks have, for decades, developed a slang way of speaking to each other that's distinct to their generation. I'm a black man in his thirties, and sometimes I have to ask my 18 year old nephews to explain what they just said to me. Just like I hear young white men calling each other "dude", the young blacks calling each other "dog", my generation called each other "man" and my father's generation called each other "cat", it's all slang, the majority of it coming from the music culture. The jazz culture of the 30s and 40s had their own way of speaking and it filtered into the population, just like the beatniks and hippies of the 60s and the rappers (particularly the gangsta rappers) of today. It certainly shouldn't be considered a "second language", but, it is the way young people, especially young black people, speak.

daym it seemz az tho every1 alwayz haz some negative commentz about the way i type..........hmmmmmmm i guess when your in somebody elses house(elitefitness) u should act and behave az they do.........

i guess the dayz when people could just be themselvez are gone 4 good.............now itz all about politically correct or elitefitness correct or typing correct LOL so u cant take your ":D" and shove it up your ass! :D :D

just playin.........

ummmmm KAKDIESEL......go and look in the anabolics forum on the average age of people on these board. About 80% or more are over the age of 25. Most of these ol fogeys have no idea of whats hip in 2days culture so obviously they aint gonna be down with that shit. Personally It does kinda annoy me when white chics talk like that, or anything except ebony chics. I know a lot of chics who use it just a little bit, so its not annoying but cute. Overuse sucks tho. But I would never base waxing on a chic on how she talked, thats pure physical attraction. Unless maybe she had a deeper voice then me. Other then that, all accents slang n shit are ok. But like I say keep in mind most of these guys grew up b4 this shit was cool. In like 20 years from now it will probably be a lot more popular/diverse.

oh by the way methly i waz gonna compliment u on he car u have in your post........i waz just working on the right wordz 2 say it.......well here goez.......

dude that car like totally rocks........i mean it must be tu tu tubular to ride in........like hang 10 fuckin gnarly "a" straight right!

ha ha

Top Bottom