Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Alcohol while trying to loose weight

no. alcohol while cutting is like eating cake if the cake not only has tons of calories but also decreased my protein synthesis.

Alcohol slows the metabolism. Try to stay away from it.

I tend to have a glass of red wine once or twice a week though.

Everything I've read, along with my own experience, says NO alcohol, especially beer, while trying to cut or lose fat. Beer is a double-whammy since it has tons of carbs, and the alcohol causes the carbs and sugars to metabolize into stored fat. My motto as a former beer lover is "a beer a year is nothing to fear, but a beer a day will keep your goals at bay".

As 75th says, wine is LESS bad for fat storage, and it might be a good thing if you're at risk for heart problems.

Charles

If drinking stay away from beer. Lots of simple carbs that the body will not be able to burn and will store as fat. I would drink hard alcohol either on the rocks or with diet coke so that there is no extra calories to burn other than alcohol. Also, try to limit eating carbs and fats before drinking because if you can't burn it up before drinking your body will store it, since it burns alcohol for energy over carbs and fats. Best thing to do if trying to lose weight is to have chicken breast or casein protein shortly before going out and cut out carbs and fats.

Best think to drink if your going to is vodka club soda and a splash of cranberry... No sugar!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In case you're wondering, pot does not make a good substitute for alcohol when you're cutting.

The munchies will kill your diet.

Yeah stay away from the stuff.. Wait until you're totally shredded, then take a little time off to enjoy a drink or two..

i wouldn't recommend any alcohol, it kills testosterone production, is high in calories, and slow the metabolism.. If you absolutely MUST drink, the cleanest (lowest calorie) thing you can drink is vodka, flavour it up with some diet whatever..

But honestly.. It will kill your motivation big time.. Strict cutting requires a lot of focus, and it's really only worth it when yyou can see the goal points nearing.. If you drink, you're going to keep moving the goal posts (no matter what you drink) and it will mess up your positive thoughts in a big way.. Going to the gym, you won't see those goals getting any closer, and it will quickly become a grind, that will probably see you either giving up or getting frustrated..

Top Bottom