Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Alcohol and training

evenlu

Does anybody know how much a day out drinking will set you back in your training/dieting. I notice the effect on training at least 1 1/2 days afterwards. Caloric tables shows that a beer contains approx. 80 kcal per half a liter, but that's not very much...

Oops - major bummer. I only used the nutritional contents to calculate caloric content. 1/2 l beer ~ 235kcal (that's a bit more :p)

I don't have any quantitative evidence but I agree with that timetable for the most part. It depends on the metabolic rate, other nutritional factors (i.e. what and how much you ate before, during, and after your "night out"), water intake, vitamin and mineral supplementation. Of course one of the biggest variables is how much you drank. If you are so drunk that you can't remember what chick you railed, how you got that blackeye, and woke up in a pile of your own vomit then you're probably gonna have hangover that's gonna require serious effort on your body's part to overcome. The last thing your system will have resources for at this point is recovering from your last workout. Simply getting back to normal is now your body's main goal. On the other hand, if you just had a few beers and got a decent buzz going on, I don't see how you're body will need more than a few hours to return to an anabolic state, even after you're sobre given that nutrition and water are given priority.

Simply put: Alcohol robs your body (especially muscle tissue).

Last edited:
GenetiKing said:
I don't have any quantitative evidence but I agree with that timetable for the most part. It depends on the metabolic rate, other nutritional factors (i.e. what and how much you ate before, during, and after your "night out"), water intake, vitamin and mineral supplementation. Of course one of the biggest variables is how much you drank. If you are so drunk that you can't remember what chick you railed, how you got that blackeye, and woke up in a pile of your own vomit then you're probably gonna have hangover that's gonna require serious effort on your body's part to overcome. The last thing your system will have resources for at this point is recovering from your last workout. Simply getting back to normal is now your body's main goal. On the other hand, if you just had a few beers and got a decent buzz going on, I don't see how you're body will need more than a few hours to return to an anabolic state, even after you're sobre given that nutrition and water are given priority.

Simply put: Alcohol robs your body (especially muscle tissue).

I don´t remember where I read this but it takes around 10days for the body to recover from a night like Genetiking described.
I haven´t touched alcohol for two months now and ny workouts are much, much better. Bodyweight is up and so are all the lifts.
Stay away from it!

Top Bottom