Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Advice

LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. That is the best thing you can do! Trust me, you will know if you are overtraining. It is also alot harder to overtrain then most people think. I usualy go 6-7 days a week honestly

I just feel like it takes forever to recover. Is that normal? I'm sure it's my diet. I'm probably not feeding my muscles exactly what it needs to recover. Any ideas on what exactly to feed my body after a workout?

Diet/rest helps a lot with recovery. Eat ALOT. Hm im not a expert at dieting either haha, but after workout i think its good to get alot of protein/carbs. Like chicken/brownrice. something like that

I second what evan said about overtraining - your body can handle and adapt to more than most people give it credit for.

As far as the diet, make sure youre drinking plenty of water too. Muscle requires quite a bit. Also the more food you eat the more water you need as you'll inevitably be getting more sodium.

Also sleep is very important. I know 7-8hrs are recommended but thats the sleep equivalent to a 2000 calorie diet. You probably need more than that.

I'm a firm believer in LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. I train 6 days a week, I eat constantly, every 2 hours, even if it's only an orange and a cup of yogurt. I sleep 4-5 hours most days and up to 8 if I'm really tired. I have made nothing but progress in the gym over the past year. I think diet is more important than sleep. If you're well rested, but have no fuel you're not going to build any muscle. What's worse is that if you're not well fed your body will scavenge your fat AND muscles stores looking for the energy and the protein it needs.

Top Bottom