Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ACE Certification Exam Q & A

Wilmywood

Hey, I just took the ACE cpt exam today, so it's fresh in my mind. I passed it pretty easily, but it was laid out ALOT differently than I expected. Anyhoo, just wanted to add that this is NOT an easy cert exam. There were alot of things on the test that weren't covered at all in the manual or study guide. No calculators were allowed either so make sure you know your formulae for VO2 Max, BMI, THR, etc. They'll try to kill you with the wording of the questions too, so take your time reading them. Just keep in mind, they're asking the question in the most complicated way possible. If there are any more questions, post em up and I'll be glad to help out.

Peace, WW

What is it that they mostly cover on the exam? I am scheduled to take it in December. I am taking 3 courses over the next couple weeks to help me with the technical stuff. I have a very diffcult time with tests so any information is valuable to me.

tbh, the test is all over the place. program design, liability, ethics, and anything involving formulas make up the bulk of it. the written portion is pretty easy. just don't suggest anything outrageous and you shouldn't have any trouble there. just be able to read and dissect a nutritional info label, and make sure you know what they're asking before you answer. they word the questions as cryptically as they can. the best thing to do is to get very familiar with the glossary section of the manual. that helped me the most.

Was it necessary to learn all the major muscles? Also, was it necessary to know exactly which exercises the manual suggest for each muscle? What I'm referring to is the many tables found in the manual. Mostly in chapter 2 and 3.

What is the best study tools that you used? Are there any study guides that arent useless? And what type of back ground do you suggest before taking the test?

I know this is an old thread but I was looking at one of the certs and can anybody tell me what it says under the person's name?

ace, lmao.

anyhow, you can find a app on the android market for ace & acsm practice test.

nothing for the nsca. (bummer)

NSCA
ACSM
NASM
these are the top 3 national certs to go for.

Top Bottom