Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Abuse of the elitefitness.com site

George Spellwin

The Architect
Staff member
Administrator
Elite Moderator
Dear friends and fellow athletes.

This post is to ask that you please accept my sincere apologies for the abusive behavior of one of our members. The member's posts have been deleted, but in case you missed them, they were filled with inappropriate and abusive language directed at our moderators, gay members, African American members, and female members. The member went by the names of Bill Clinton, Rogue, THE MODS SUCK MAY'S COCK, Kraven Moorehead, and other names as well. We blocked each account, but unfortunately, this individual did not take the hint that he was unwelcome here and insisted on returning to abuse the site.

As most of you know, I am pleased to have such outstanding moderators and such a diverse group of members. It is my intention to make sure that elitefitness.com remains a place where both our moderators feel supported and our members feel welcome.

Of course, neither the moderators nor I are perfect and we can and do make mistakes in judgment. But when we do, you rightly let us know, and we try to do better. These boards are for you and they are your boards. They will be as good as all of us choose to make them.

We were able to trace the member in question back to the computer lab at Indiana University in Bloomington, IN where he posted to our site. The IT department at Indiana University has been notified and they in turn have notified the Bloomington police. The computer lab is continually monitored by camera and the authorities are currently matching the times that the individual posted to our site with the camera images of the person at the computer lab workstation during those times. The authorities feel comfortable that they will have identified the user by the end of the day.

Here is a live picture from the computer lab where the posts occured.
fullsize.jpg

You can see larger photo's of the lab at:
http://cam9.ipfw.edu/

Again, please accept my apologies for the behavior of this former member. Rest assured, we take actions like this seriously and are working hard to prevent abuse of this type in the future.

WOW George! Props to both you and the Mods for not allowing a "bad apple" to compromise the purpose of these boards -- but at the same time, first giving the "apple" the benefit of the doubt before pursuing. The internet is not perfect and we currently hope that "self monitoring" will be sufficient such that no authority attempts to step in and provide monitoring for us!

Once I made a comment about "Ask not what Elite can do for you, but what you can do for Elite!" -- well Elite just came through again!

Thx much!

ha ha ha ha

how ironic. i actually replied to one of his posts this morning. Quote: "I broke the law ... and the law wone!"

Had a problem like this one at another forum that I'm in. We warned the person every time that either they shut up the trash or they will be banned. In the end we banned the person and traced the ip. Stupid thing was he actually was going around boasting about the trouble he caused on another forum and in person to people who saw the trouble. Needless to say he aint going to do it again.

Top Bottom