Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

About wrist size and muscle size. My rebuttal.

S

SSAlexSS

Some people were mocking "bigger wrist = bigger muscle size" FACT!

I understand a difference of opinion, but I got some facts.

The bigger your wrist is, the bigger your bone is. Bigger wrist, bigger arm bone...
Bigger and wider bone means that muscle has to be wider to accomodate bigger bone.
Also muscle has bigger belly which allows it to grow more. If you notice, guys with small bones tend to be small ( ectomorphs, and hardgainers in general). While guys with big bones tend to be the opposite. Vic Richards or whatever his name is, has HUGE wrists and because of that he has huge muscle. He weighted muscular 200 pounds before picking up his first barbel (or so I heard). Why? His frame was large, and muscles were proportionally "larger". Your average 6'4 joe with only 6" wrists might only get max arm size of 16 inch or so. His frame is light and because of that his muscles were also proportionately "light".

You might say,
"Flex Wheeler had small joints yet he has such big muscles! You are wrong SSAlexSS! Stupid faggot!"

Flex Wheeler is the most geneticly gifted bodybuilder out there. You cannot compare your genetics to his. He is an "anomaly".

Further more, some people have their own genetic gifts, that make wrist size irrelevant. Howeever I try to talk about average people with average abilities. It is always to assume that you are worse than you really are...

I posted this post in a very simple language to make sure that the message is clear and EVERY SINGLE PERSON no matter how dumb he or she is, can understand.

See what under "normal" genetics you can get based on your wrist size. (if you have genetic gifts in certain ares, then those particular measurements ofcourse would be false)
http://www.juara.com/sigs/bodybuilding2/planner/goals.shtml
(go under a proportion calculator)

hopefully this post will clear up some thins!

Dude, take it easy. No one on your last post argued the correlation between wrist size and muscle capacity. I have no idea whether that is accurate or not, but it doesn't matter. You're last post asked what you can do to make your wrists bigger. That's like asking what you can do to make yourself taller. THAT is why you were being mocked! Get it?

Alex, it's not that people didn't UNDERSTAND what you were talking about, it's that you're flat-out WRONG. That "add 10 inches" bit is complete garbage. There are FAR too many factors (between muscle shape, arm length, individual muscle-building genetics that are irrespective of bone size, etc) that go into determining the circumference of your arms; the wrist is as arbitrary a point as any. There is ZERO scientific basis to back up the 10" rule.

The correlation between size of bone structure and muscle size is also somewhat dubious. The hormonal and genetic processes that determine the growth of each have quite a few commonalities, but are in no way tightly linked. It is VERY possible for people with small frames to pack on lots of muscle, it is also possible for large-boned individuals to be hardgainers.

Last edited:
Belial said:
Alex, it's not that people didn't UNDERSTAND what you were talking about, it's that you're flat-out WRONG. That "add 10 inches" bit is complete garbage. There are FAR too many factors (between muscle shape, arm length, individual muscle-building genetics that are irrespective of bone size, etc) that go into determining the circumference of your arms; the wrist is as arbitrary a point as any. There is ZERO scientific basis to back up the 10" rule.

I hope you are right... I need 20 inch arms with truck load of steroids and years of bbing....

AMEN!!

Come on Belial, he did find it on the web. So it must be true!!!

And my angry dad will STILL beat up your dad!!!

dude, you may know about wrists, but you have got to be the biggest poindexter out there. lol@Belial your dad sounds hella scary

Top Bottom