Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ab work isn a waste of time, 99% genetic...

Gettinbig2

I just got back from the beach, and I've come to a conclusion, ab muscles are 99% genetic, reason I say this is you see good looking abs a dime a dozen, yet 99% oof these guys with the 6 pack showing obviously never lifted a weight in their life, which leads me to belive it is all a matter of being lean and genetics, if your lean enough and working out, ab work isn't needed since great stress is put on your abs during most exercises if done correctly, I"m curious to if anyone else thinks this is true, why or why not?
Gettinbig2

There is a difference between being lean and being skinny.
The reason I feel why lazy asses have abs is, sort of like how you said, they are gifted with a naturally higher metabolism...so they can afford to be lazy. The flipside to that coin is that it is 100 times harder for them to get big!

Abs is a lot how lean you are. I agree working them in the offseason is useless. You work your abs indirectly in all kinds of exercises like tricep pushdowns and squats. When I was competing I would train abs for eight week up to the contest and not at all the rest of the year.

I believe it is genetic in alot of people but for people who don't have abs at all...I think is is insane dedication and a SUPERB diet with a shit load of cardio. And anyone could have abs. I never even had the form of abdominal muscles and i have them now....;) . SO it is no all genetic....Good luck:D .

It depends what your abs look like when your dieted down----Mine are thin but I have been training them over the past 4 months about 4 times a week(some say thats to much but my abs are better then they have ever been-----If you naturally already have good abs then training them precontest is all one would need but if your abs are weak then they should be looked at like any other body part-----Most people have very weak lower abs therefore should concentrate on heavy lower ab training------

I have a friend in NYC and he has never used AS in his life, but you would swear he has been on a winny/masteron/halotestin stack non-stop for years! He's a fucking genetic freak of nature! His abs are so ripped that you can see viens and small muscle striations(sp) in them! They guy eats anything he wants too....anything! He works out like a mad man too, but he has to put absolutely 0% effort into being ripped. And here I am at 6'1", 210 (he's 6'2" and 185), probably 8%-10% BF, and looking pretty good, and this guy makes me look like I drink a twelve pack of Bud every night for dinner! BTW, even though my friend is an inch taller and only weighs 185, he makes me look small in comparison. Dudes probably got a 30in waist and a 50in. chest! His only weakness is that his legs are a little small. Gotta love genetics!

Yes, but, there is a difference between a flat ab section, and a ripped one.

Many of the deep cuts, and abs muscles which sort of POP out between cuts - are due to working them out.

Getting the area flat, and so you can at least START to see abs, is due to fat loos (and genetics and metabolism of course). But if you want abs that stand out - that have that true washboard look - where the abs muscles look almost like a blister pack or something ...... like a set of ravioli ........ (you know what I mean) you have to do at least some work on them.

The problem is that many guys dont do ab routines correctly ..... leg rasis hinged at the waist, cruches doen wrong .. etc ..... they are working their hip flexors and Psoas muscles and barely hitting their abs.

Top Bottom