Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

AARGHH!! ANOTHER botched medical procedure that will prolly kill a little girl

Warik said:
Still opposed to cloning research people?

A girl like her ten years from now could have a fresh set of HER OWN lungs and HER OWN heart ready for her instead of having the doctors screw up and give her the wrong type... or even the right type which her body will continue rejecting for years and require medication for.

-Warik

even if they are capable of this in 10 years do u understand the incredible cost of having this done? I doubt that joe schmoe average person is just gunna have a set of cloned organs made and if they are making them post accident do they not require maturation time? I dont think they are just gunna be like "Robert's Kidneys - Just add Water"

Flip-side clerical error for you.

Two people have blood work done in the same Lab at the same time. The technician labels them wrong, Mr. A is now Mr. B and Mr. B is now Mr. A.

Mr. A has a white blood cell disease that now appears to be in remission when he receives his test results (Mr. B's test result's) back.

Mr. B just got called into his doctor's office because he has a white blood cell disease.

Is it just a little error?

What if I said this disease was Leukemia?
How would you feel then?

that would seriously be fucked up if that is what happened to me....but then again i have had blood tests since so i guess it would just be wishful thinking :(

naturally anabolic said:
even if they are capable of this in 10 years do u understand the incredible cost of having this done? I doubt that joe schmoe average person is just gunna have a set of cloned organs made and if they are making them post accident do they not require maturation time? I dont think they are just gunna be like "Robert's Kidneys - Just add Water"

So I suppose the heart and lung transplant she had done just now was super cheap as well, eh? Her family must be in the oil business or something if they can afford such a complex medical procedure. oh wait... that's what medical insurance is for. Don't tell me insurance companies won't jump at the chance of selling "get your organs cloned and stored for emergencies" insurance. Unlike what health insurance normally covers, people (aside from those already on a waiting list) don't get organ transplants every day. It would be great from a business perspective and from a medical perspective.

And no it won't require masturbation time. Do not trivialize such a quantum leap forward in medicine with such comments. =)

If people would stop playing the "page 235 section b paragraph 4 line 7 of the Bible says that's a naughty thing to do" game, then we would be light-years beyond where we are now. Try this out for size:

In 1633 Galileo was formally interrogated for 18 days and on April 30 Galileo confesses that he may have made the Copernican case in the Dialogue too strong and offers to refute it in his next book. Unmoved, the Pope decides that Galileo should be imprisoned indefinitely. Soon after, with a formal threat of torture, Galileo is examined by the Inquisition and sentenced to prison and religious penances, the sentence is signed by 6 of the 10 inquisitors. In a formal ceremony at a the church of Santa Maria Sofia Minerva, Galileo abjures his errors. He is then put in house arrest in Sienna. After these tribulations he begins writing his Discourse on Two New Sciences.

Galileo remained under house arrest, despite many medical problems and a deteriorating state of health, until his death in 1642. The Church finally accepted that Galileo might be right in 1983.

We will leave 1983 - 1642 = ? as an exercise for the reader.

Extra credit question: How long until The Church accepts that the Earth might be a little older than 6,000 years?

-Warik

Warik said:

A girl like her ten years from now could have a fresh set of HER OWN lungs and HER OWN heart ready for her instead of having the doctors screw up and give her the wrong type... or even the right type which her body will continue rejecting for years and require medication for.

-Warik

I'm a big proponent for stem cell research and all that funky jazz.

Warik said:

Extra credit question: How long until The Church accepts that the Earth might be a little older than 6,000 years?

-Warik

Ya right ok, good luck. Even if they knew it they couldn't admit it for obvious reasons.

i heard they called this a tragedy. i gues if this little girl never falling in love or getting laid because of your titanic ineptitude is a tragedy, itll fit.

Warik said:

-Warik

agreed

Burning_Inside said:

I'm a big proponent for stem cell research and all that funky jazz.

Wasn't necessarily directed towards you - just anyone who happens to read this thread and feel bad for this girl while simultaneously opposing research that could save thousands of people in her situation years from now.

Those who lack foresight are blind.

-Warik

it happens....it scary but when you deal with these kind of numbers errors happen.....

greater funding and separate teams are needed to review the procedure for checking blood types etc before operations to make sure this doesnt happen again

dont forget these guys aren;t idiots, they are very educated, so for this to happen its a bit more complicated than the reasons given in you tabloid hack-type paper

Top Bottom