Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A question for you ladies...

Acela

Hello All-

I post and lurk on the A A S & Weightlifting board but had a Q for you gals. This is on behalf of my girlfriend (I am a guy).

She is a 28 Y/O personal trainer, very, very fit with a body that COULD be figure comp material IMO (on a small, local level, whatever that means). A typical workout week for her is something like:

Mon-upper body (lots of free weights & compound movements)
Tues-"abs" based yoga
Wed-full body workout (less free weights....more of a "circuit" w/ the machines)
Thus-off
Fri-lower body (squats, lunges, SLDL etc)
Sat-"power" yoga
Sun-"relaxation" yoga followed by abs

she walks her 2 pugs 7-10 miles EW as well

That is a very accurate. i'm not too familiar with the yoga stuff....anyway, her stats:
5'3"
120 + -
19% BF (very recent w/ calipers)

she eats FAIRLY clean

the point of this long ass post is this....she was recently approached by a woman @ her hair salon who asked her if she competed in figure comps. (because she did). My GF said no but they continued talking this girl said that she should try it blah blah blah she is now interested in doing a figure comp.

My question to you all, if I posted some pics of her would you guys provide honest feedback and/or input? She knows that i belong to this site and said that she would post pics (if its allowed, she isn't an EF member....although i'm sure i could get her to sign up) in order to get feedback from real people that have done this sort of thing.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully i can post some pics of her soon :)

you should def post pics for some feedback. there are alot of gals that compete on this board. my only comment is 19% bodyfat is high for figure.

MsBeverlyHills said:
you should def post pics for some feedback. there are alot of gals that compete on this board. my only comment is 19% bodyfat is high for figure.

19% would be considered high... but I would suspect she would continue trainging and dieting tweaking here and there before this comp. I stayed around 19ish until it came time to cut.

Post up some pictures

Frisky said:
19% would be considered high... but I would suspect she would continue trainging and dieting tweaking here and there before this comp. I stayed around 19ish until it came time to cut.

Post up some pictures

for me- 19% is too high. I like to stay within 5 lbs of my contest weight...mostly because I reallyhate the 12 wk contest diet & can do it in 8 wks if im good off-season :D

to the OP- have her take a look @ this website-
http://www.figurecoach.com/figure/figureguide.html

theres some good info on nutrition/training & competition prep for first time figure girls.

thank you all...i will get moving w/ some pics

as far as the BF is concerned....this is 19% with absolutely zero dieting. she eats sensibly but manages about 5 meals a week @ Wendy's :)

she had said to me that she figured she would need to get down to 16%ish....does that sound right?

she realizes that the diet would definately need to be re-vamped

again, thank you for the feedback

Next go round i'll prolly tweak it a bit... I did what should have been done in 10-12 weeks... in 6.... i was completely exhausted.

however, i prefer to maintain about 19 ish... all while i'm trying to build more muscle.

Also remember, every one's body is different. At 19% I have veins and some bit of abs... I have developed quads and back... it didn't take me long at all o cut down really lean.

Listen to your body

Top Bottom