Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

a.m. weightlifting for fatloss?

smr91481

just curious....wouldn't lifting in the morning on an empty stomach be good for fatloss just like a.m. cardio?

Dear Friend,

Yes, and No. Why, you ask? Simply, because working-out would have to be done at a very high pase, in order to achieve the same fat-loss as would be achieved with cardio. So, basically, if you are willing to do sets of 20-25 reps, with little or no break, then working out is your choice; if not, then you've got to hit the cardio in the morning.

Mr.X:cool:

mr. x
i don't really mean can it replace cardio, just will lifting on an empty stomach in the a.m. have a greater fat burning effect compared to lifting later in the day.

Whenever I lifted on a completely empty stomach, my workouts were kinda sucky. Guys like to lift in the afternoon when test. levels are higher. Also, only beginners can build muscle and burn fat at the same time.

You can probably get away with low to moderate intensity resistance training first thing in the morning on a empty stomach with depleted glycogen levels, but you're going to crash and burn if you perfrom high intensity work of any kind - especially if you're body is not use to it.

The only thing you can do is give yourself a few weeks and experiment to see how your body responds.

I do it all the time, I wake up pretty late usually like noon.

I eat 2-3 table spoon of glutamine peptides. Drink a couple cups of water. Take an ECA stack for a quick shift from wake to energized.
shower ect.. then hit the gym.

I've had no problems dying in the middle of a workout, On the days when I do manage to get up early and eat a good break fast ect... my lifts don't seem to improve or anything which means I'm not hurting my performance by doing it on an empty stomach like that.

I actually feel better lifting on an empty stomach, especially when squating.

Then again, I generally don't eat much for carbs, so that could be a reason eating or not eating doesn't seem to play much of a role in my workouts.

i think that its all in your head about weather or not your stronger in the morning or not....... some days my afternoon workouts are tougher, depending on how much i have ate and if i have given it enough time to digest

it works better in my opinion......... but that is when i am getting ready for a show......... if im not....... i work out in the afternoon...because of the abilty to concentrate all day on what im going to do.....

but like Mr.X said...... its a ton of go go go and not much time to rest

you might like it..... i chose working out in the morning over cardio anyday

well, i did it today...
i woke up, popped a couple xenadrines, drank a glass of water, then went to work out. i worked my chest and tris and i felt really good. i felt the same as when i workout later in the day after i've eaten a few meals. i think i'm gonna keep this up for a while. if i can get up early enough that is...i start a new job tomorrow and i'm not really used to waking up that early in the morning. i have a question while i'm on here...

is this a good enough breakfast to eat after i've worked out in the morning?

5 scrambled egg whites
1 packet of instant cheese flavored grits (i don't really like oatmeal)

i mix these together cause i don't really like the taste of egg whites either.

anyways, it's 192 cals/19p/22c/3f.

that good enough? my main goal is fatloss

Top Bottom