Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

50,30,20 food split

qkcam

I am trying to cut some body fat .. i weigh 190 have some good muscle mass but want to cut back the extra layer- wondering how long is it safe to do a 50, 30 20 split and i forgot if the 30 is fat or carbs/ i also have "chronic fatigue" so i can't do alot of cardio..but i do walk or spin for 10min increments through out the day for a total of 30 to 40 mins.. and i have been lifting weights for a while at the gym.. thanks.

50 protein
20 carb
30 good fats

For long term I wouldn't stay on this...and honestly it's good to stay active but from a fat burning standpoint 10min isn't effective. Long term over time as I said it's good to be active but the body doesn't start using fat for fuel til ~30min.

Concentrate on diet, maybe incorporate some yoga or pilates for toning. You'll be good

thanks pSizzle.. i did 20mins today on the treadmill + 30mins of weights.. i can handle weights it is the cardio that makes my body extra fatigued..
if 50, 30, 20 isn't a good ratio for long term wonder what is.? want to nail this nutrition stuff- and get my health back! in the meantime.. i figure moving 10 to 15 mins 2 times a day is a good build up to getting back to doing 20 to 30mins everyday.. it is odd i can do weights for 30mins easy and sometimes i really have to be careful not to go over -- and i know lifiing is going to increase my weight with the muscle building rather than reduce it.. this is a tough challange..
thanks for the help!

Hmm...weights don't bother you but cardio does? Are you sure it's chronic fatigue and not something pulmonary going on?

Don't focus on ratios right now honestly. Just focus on making healthier choices. If you get too wrapped up in making a drastic change that could lead to you making untealistic goals and getting burnt out. That's my dad's problem...I put him on a meal plan swapping his former crappy choices for healthier meals and portions and he lost like 8lbs in his first week

Shooting you a PM. We can talk about it

weights dont bother me becasue my heart rate doesn't go too high.. with the cardio when i get my heart rate up too much i usually end up with an infection.. lungs all checked out fine 2x but thanks for thining of that. i read somewhere too about a dr that was doing work with folks with cfs and how the heart rate for me isn't supposed to go above 111. i push it though- i forgot how they got that formula. but bascially folks with cfds bodies dont produce what we are supposed to .. to recover.. who knows. i just know i can't give up exercise it has been a really big part of my life for a long time- and feels empowering!

i don't even know what the right amount of calories i am supposed to have i guess 2200 to maintain.. so i have been aming for around 1600 but 17 to 1800 on days i exercise.. using calorie count.. thanks

What are your stats??

I got the weight but age? Height? How long have you been doing that macro split? How do you feel?

oh i am46 getting old! am 5'5" i haven' t been doing the macros long.. i started the month with aplan my old trainer a few yrs ago suggested a 2 week plan that loooked like this
oatmeal or other complex carb, protein / protein , green salad/ protein veggies and on day 7 what ever i wanted and if i need a snack then an apple. i could actually do this- but i am wondering if it is really enough food ? she is a pro builder and been doing this for a while and must have a reason to suggest it.

and then someone told me i needed fat- so there went the 2 weeks.. now i have confused myself. thanks

Top Bottom