Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

5-HTP is No Joke!

augastes_stiranko said:
I sometimes take 5-htp at night. When I take 5-htp during the daytime, I tend to get lazy and sleepy and feel very emotional with people. I don't like that feeling. I also think that 5-htp decreases testosterone slightly. When I take 5-htp during the daytime, my intensity at the gym diminishes and don't have that aggressive rush. It's good for sleep, but I would stay away from it during the daytime. I found that inositol works better for the daytime. It does not get you all emotional with people like 5-htp does and still decreases anxiety just as well.

Here's my theory on that:

My drive to work hard in the gym comes from a dissatisfaction with my life, and a belief that workign hard in the gym will satisfy me.

Well with 5-HTP the worls becomes a rosy place and well, if you think about it I am not all that dissatisfied with my life. SO I don't have thje motivation to work as hard in the gym.

It's a catch-22. What do you TRULY want? I lift weights as a way to make myself happy. Well now there are other things that make me happy. I might try to find a balance now, where I can get happiness from things other than lifting weights. But I will never quit.

JC

Top Bottom