Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

10,000 calories a day?

L

Lift Or Die

Me and a buddy of mine were talking about nutrition and training. He's a long distance bicycle rider but doesn't do any kind of weight training. Now he's trying to tell me that an elite cyclist like Lance Armstrong consumes 10,000 relatively clean calories a day while training for a race. This seems impossible to believe someone can use 10,000 calories a day no matter how much exercise you do. And if you seen the bodies on the guys that race bikes you know they have very low bodyfat. I doubt they could maintain bf that low while taking in so many calories.

He then went on to insult bodybuilders and say they are big, slow and stupid yet he still wouldn't have a running race with me when I challenged him. Anyway, I told him he was full of shit and didn't know what he was talking about. He's really a pretty good guy but sometimes he pisses me off so bad I want to take my syringe and stab him in the eye. :D

He is full of shit. That is a whole lot of food, bro. I know some of the Parillo bodybuilders were eating that much but alot of it comes from MCT oil (ingested). If he eats that many calories much of it has to come from fat. Also, L. Armstrong is on his bike about 5 hours a day. Now fit in the eating.

Um....Bull Shit!!! Not many digestive systems can handle 10,000 calories...let alone a 160 pound guy. These guy have low amounts of lean body mass as well from all the energy expenditure. Cyclists legs have some size but that's about it. They simply don't have enough muscle mass to require 10,000 calories nor are they burning 10,000 calories a day. The first hurdle is digestion of this quantity. The second point of skepticism is the low body weight of endurance atheletes. It does not take much to maintain thier weight. They do use a good amount of energy, but it does'nt require 10,000 cals a day. I'll concure with your pal that most bodybuilders(serious ones) are big and slow. What the hell does a bodybuilder need to be fast for. Last show I was at there was no sprinting involved on the mandatory poses. We don't train for speed. There's no need to. We don't train for endurance. There's no need to. If he were smarter than your typical bodybuilder he would obviously be able to arive at this conclusion on his own. We train for size and leanness. To show off muscle mass and detail. Not to beat someone in a foot race or marathon. No running of any sort is involved in a bodybuilding competition. And as far as stupid??? The fact that we blaze the trail for all other "atheletes" when it comes to nutrition debunks that statement. There's nothing stupid about being able to fully manipulate the most complex organism/machine ever.

Last edited:
The only thing he could do at 10,000 cals/ day is lay around on his ass...trust me, I'm at about 7,-7500 and I'm always tired and always eating..it sucks..lol

Like I said, I told him he is full of shit but he's one of those guys that loves his sport and believes bicycle riders are the best athletes in the world. In the past I've taken up to 6000 fairly clean calories a day and still put on a lot of fat from it. Plus, its almost impossible to eat that much food a day. I can't imagine trying to take in 10,000.

Whenever we try to have a conversation like this it always turns into an arguement then he says something stupid to piss me off. What really gets my blood pressure going is when he says if he had to fight a bodybuilder he would run away from them until they tired out and then come back and kick their ass.:splat:

Kovacs said he eats 10000 cals per day, 10 different meals, and 1000 is in protein. He is something like 400lbs(don't know how much of this claim is muscletechs ploy). Only very big BB, plus gear, are able to consume this much. Anyone else would just get fat!

I would really doubt that. I tried to consume 10,000 calories one day .. I got to about 9,000 and was just sick, and I can eat like few people I know, in fact no body I know can eat like I can. 10,000 real food, clean calories would be next to impossible for a small guy like those cyclists.

Top Bottom