Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Bench Press

Thanks guys I started using a wide grip. I thought I'd hafta decrease the weight but I'm suprised that I'm actually stronger than before from the start!

I definately feel it more in chest and less in my triceps/delts which makes sense... However, I'm not sure if I'm tucking my elbows enough? It may be because I'm 5'6" (short arms) or just because I'm used to tucking them in *more* when I used a closer grip.

It is not good wide grip is really more dangerous for tears if you do heavy bench press

my bench pressed always sucked ugh

Ask for a list
[email protected]

I understand what it feels like to suck at the bench, especially when l watch the big guys in the gym lift much heavier weight with crappy form.

Its all about persistence and finding ways to improve your form. I discovered how to generate leg drive, and grip the bar hard. to my surprise my bench increased and the same weights l struggled with seemed lighter

I can't speak for all women, but bench is the hardest to come by PRs as opposed to squats and deads. (for me) :-/
Just hard for me to make any significant gains.
Gains, yes but painstakingly slow going.

This is a great post; I will have to try some of the advice.
:)

I can't speak for all women, but bench is the hardest to come by PRs as opposed to squats and deads. (for me) :-/
Just hard for me to make any significant gains.
Gains, yes but painstakingly slow going.

This is a great post; I will have to try some of the advice.
:)

You can switch to dumbbell bench presses for a month or two, it takes a little time to get used to it but the dumbbells create a unique wear pattern on the shoulders, triceps, and recruit more stabilizers.

When you return to your regular Barbell bench press, you will feel stronger and make great gains

You can switch to dumbbell bench presses for a month or two, it takes a little time to get used to it but the dumbbells create a unique wear pattern on the shoulders, triceps, and recruit more stabilizers.

When you return to your regular Barbell bench press, you will feel stronger and make great gains

I do this at times ...not with consistency...mainly because when you don't have a spotter at the gym, it is hard for me to get up two 40's on my own, for example. The highest I can go flat or decline with db's is two 25's. :( it's just a struggle. Highest PR for bench for me has been only 105 lbs..,it would be nice to hit 120.

But I think I'll do what u suggest here in combination with regular flat bench. I'm hoping it helps.

Thanks!

Top Bottom